HIV/HCV Treatment Access Committee Notes
March 15th (10 AM – Noon)
NYC Department of Health, Long Island City,
In Attendance: See Below
Project SUCCEED: Eliminating Hep C in PLWH in NYC – Updates
Project Succeed Progress Graphic:
- Feedback was provided. See here for updated version.
HCV Clinical Provider Training:
- Recruit and encourage ELF participants to refer colleagues to training
- Offer more advanced topics for experienced providers –
- Currently available NYC clinical training opportunities
- SUCCEED will investigate AETC has course offerings on more advanced topics
- Promote the HIV/HCV and treatment in substance use and mental health modules as stand-alone trainings.
- TX guidelines have changed for HIV/HCV and PWUD
How can we increase the percentage of providers who believe all people- including Special Populations- can be treated for Hep C?
- Emphasize the benefits of newer medications that have less treatment restrictions
- Emphasize new, less restrictive guidelines from NYS
- Promote new treatment guidelines for HIV/HCV and PWUD.
- Updated 2018 Hep C CHI: Diagnosing and Managing Hepatitis C
Trainings addressing working with special populations into all ELF Sessions or earlier in cycle
- Targeted awareness campaign
Community of Practice and Learning
Strategies for Re-engaging out of Care PLWH – HIV Field Services Unit, NYC Health Department
Nancy Kuzmyak, Public Health Advisor – email@example.com
Tanzila Pervin, Public Health Advisor – firstname.lastname@example.org
- View full presentation here.
Training Manual for Treatment Advocates: Hepatitis C Virus & Coinfection with HIV
Annette Guadino, HCV/HIV Project Co-Director, Treatment Action Group – email@example.com
- View full presentation here.
Announcements and Upcoming Events
- New Project SUCCEED webpage, Toolkit, and page for the public.
- NYC Hep C Task Force Meeting. April 11 (3-5 PM), 132 West 32nd Street.
- Project SUCCEED will be presented at the Iris House Summit. May 7.
- NYC Health Department, Viral Hepatitis Research Symposium. May 24.
- Hepatitis Trainings at the NYC Health Department
- Intro to Viral Hepatitis. April 13.
- Hep C Point of Care Testing. May 14.
- HepCure – Weekly Tele-education Series. Tuesdays (4:30 – 5:30 PM).
- Empire Liver Foundation: HCV Clinical Provider Training Live Webinar Series (10 CME)
Thursdays (4:30 – 5:30pm) March 22 – May 31
To register contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Pre-Treatment Assessment
2. Role of Resistance Testing
3. Overview of Fibrosis
4. Treatment by Genotype
5. Side Effects and Drug-Drug Interactions
6. Treatment of HIV and Hepatitis C Co-Infection
7. Treating People with Mental Health Conditions and Substance Use
8. Monitoring Prior, During and After Treatment
9. Management of Advanced Complicated Disease
10. Hepatitis C Medication and Prior Authorization
Additional resources available at www.hepfree.nyc/projectsucceed
1. Amanda Sanchez,Tester,Access to Care, email@example.com
2. Amida Castagne,Program Manager, Care & Tr,NYC DOHMH, firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Chelsea Amato,Harm Reduction Specialist,DOHMH BADUPCT Harm Reduction, email@example.com
4. Cherry Jones,Program Coordinator,Mount Sinai Health System, firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Febuary D’Auria,Program Coordinator,NYSDOH – AIDS Institute, Febuary.Dauria@health.ny.gov
6. Fernando Valerio,Patient Navigator,Community Health Care Networks, email@example.com
7. Gail Brown,Policy Advicate,COPE, firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Gil A Cerpa,Hep C Coordinator,Praxis Housing Initiatives Inc., gacerpa@PRAXISHOUSING.org
9. Giusseppe Quispe Ramos,Test Counselor/ Health Educator,Harlem United, email@example.com
10. Gracine S. Lewis,Project Manager,Northeast/Caribbean AETC, firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Jennifer Irwin,Sr. Director of Programs,Mount Sinai, Jennifer.Irwin@mountsinai.org
12. Jill Pace,Director, HIV Care & Treatment,Mount Sinai, Jill.Pace@mountsinai.org
13. Jillian Estes,Care Specialist,Bridging Access to Care, email@example.com
14. Kinya Terry,Community Health Worker,Bronx Lebanon, KTerry@bronxleb.org
15. Leonard Pickett,Field Manager,DOHMH, Lpicket@health.nyc.gov
16. Luz Marina Aguirre,,AETC Access Program, firstname.lastname@example.org
17. Mstn Tanzila Pervin,Public Health Adviser,DOHMH, email@example.com
18. Nancy Kuzmyak, Public Health Adviser, DOHMH, firstname.lastname@example.org
19. Rahel Yosief, Patient Navigator, Boom!Health, email@example.com
20. Reed Vreeland, Director of NYC Community Mobilization,Housing Works, R.Vreeland@housingworks.org
21. Shale Maulana,Director of New Initiatives, CHE, DOHMH, firstname.lastname@example.org
22. Shellyann Vassell, Assistant Coordinator, Northwell, email@example.com
23. Yasmin Ramos, Supervising PHA, DOHMH, firstname.lastname@example.org