HCV Program Supervisor at the Division of Substance Abuse at Montefiore.
The Division of Substance Abuse(DoSA)of Montefiore Medical Center provides comprehensive substance abuse treatment along with integrated medical and psychiatric healthcare for over 4,000 patients. The program has been commended by state representatives for providing comprehensive services utilizing empirically validated techniques to an underserved population.
We are seeking a ProgramSupervisorthat will be responsible for providing oversight and implementation of a Hepatitis C (HCV) Program at three substance use treatment clinics located in the Bronx. This is an excellent opportunity for socially-minded individuals interested in helping an underserved population.
The position will report to the Program Director and will work directly with patients of DoSA. The position will be grant-funded from September 1 -December 31, 2020, with a possibility of renewed funding for the 2021 year.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Duties and responsibilities include:
- Coordinate patient linkage to HCV care and treatment, manage all prior authorizations, and provide tracking, follow up and supportive services to all enrolled patients of the program.
- Manage all HCV medication orders and deliveries by working with pharmacy staff
- Manage and provide health education counseling and case management to HCV patients, as needed.
- Co-supervision of the HCV Peer Educator program, and provide individual and group supervision to Peer Educators.·Implement a Hepatitis C educational curriculum, including co-facilitation of Support &Education and Treatment Groups.
- Identify, develop, and implement strategies for improvement of program operations, under the supervisor of the Program director.
- Conduct data entry and quality assurance checks of all program data.·Other duties and responsibilities, as identified by the Program Director.
- Minimum of one 1 year experience in a substance abuse setting
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Comfort with Public Speaking
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent Time management Skills·Experience in Health Education (individual and group-based –CHES a plus)
- Experience in group facilitation with vulnerable communities
- Ability to take direction and initiative on program projects
Other Preferred Skills
- Previous experience with or knowledge of Hepatitis C preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Some supervisory experience a plus
- Tech savvy –the position will be trained on EMR and other healthcare software
Salary & Benefits
- Highly competitive salary commensurate on previous experience ·Benefits package included medical, dental, vision, and a 403B retirement savings plan.
- Alternating Remote Work schedule is available during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Job Type: Full-time.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com to apply.
Last Updated on July 28, 2020 by HepFree NYC