Director of Community Outreach
Liver Health Connection (formerly Hep C Connection) is seeking a seasoned professional to run our programs to educate about hepatitis C (HCV), hepatitis B (HBV), HIV co-infection with HBV or HCV, liver cancer, and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). This is a great opportunity to make your mark. We recently expanded the liver diseases about which we educate. We are looking for someone who understands both public health and patient advocacy, so that they may use that knowledge to develop effective interventions and collaborations with new partner organizations.
The Director of Community Outreach supervises two full time employees (Patient Services Coordinator and Community Outreach Specialist) and a variable number of program interns, manages testing contractors, and reports to the Executive Director.
Major duties include:
- Manage our state health department awareness contract which includes testing, education, training, and/or program integration for viral hepatitis, along with awareness activities (blog, Facebook, Twitter) and events management for Hepatitis Testing Day and World Hepatitis Day. The contract also includes developing quantifiable goals, evaluation, and modification to reach those goals. The position will submit monthly reimbursement invoices, other periodic reports, and will write the re-application for state funding and applications to other funding sources.
- Develop effective interventions to reduce liver disease among new audiences using best practices in the public health arena.
- Implement program activities for additional partners including Denver Adult Drug Court, 9 Health Fair and identify new organizations with which to partner.
- Fully participate in fundraising activities for Desserts & Delights, including securing donated goods and/or services and staffing the event.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. A master’s degree is a bonus.
- At least five years of increasingly responsible experience running programs for health organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex programs, prepare programmatic plans and write budgets, supervise and train staff, conduct evaluation, work effectively with diverse groups, and use professional judgment to make sound managerial decisions.
- Strong oral and written communication; team building and leadership skills.
- Required criminal background investigation.
- Adept at all MS Office Suite programs.
- Ability to use a point of care test for hepatitis C antibody testing.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
Liver Health Connection is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Location: Denver, Colorado
This is a full-time exempt position that may require evenings and weekend work. Hiring salary range is $48,000 to $55,000. We offer a flexible work schedule, fully-funded health and dental insurance, vacation, sick leave, free access to an on-site gym, and on-site parking.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references by email to Nancy Steinfurth, at firstname.lastname@example.org, putting “Director of Community Outreach Position” in the subject line. No calls, please. Deadline: Sunday, January 24, 2016.
Last Updated on December 17, 2017 by HepFree NYCTags: Community Outreach Director Outreach Hepatitis B Hepatitis B & C