Endorse the Consensus Statement on Hep C Elimination in NYS
On February 7, 2017, state and local government representatives; medical providers; harm reduction and social service providers; and community advocates came together in Albany for the nation’s first Hepatitis C Elimination Summit. Participants held panel discussions to learn from each other about Hep C care, prevention, and advocacy, and formulated a framework for eliminating Hepatitis C in New York State.
At the Summit, participants adopted a Consensus Statement on Hepatitis C Elimination in New York State.
The Consensus statement provides a statewide plan to eliminate Hepatitis C, including:
- Enhance HCV prevention, testing and linkage to care services for people who inject drugs, people who are incarcerated, men who have sex with men, and other populations disproportionately impacted by HCV infection.
- Expand HCV screening and testing to identify people living with HCV who are unaware of their status and link them to care.
- Provide access to clinically appropriate medical care and affordable HCV treatment without restrictions, and ensure the availability of necessary supportive services for all New Yorkers living with HCV infection.
- Enhance NYS HCV surveillance, set and track HCV elimination targets and make this information available to the public.
- Commit NYS government and elected officials, public health professionals, HCV experts, and industry partners to leadership and ownership of the NYS Plan to Eliminate HCV alongside community members living with and affected by HCV.
If your agency would like to endorse the Consensus Statement, email Clifton at email@example.com.
Last Updated on February 13, 2018 by HepFree NYCTags: Hepatitis C