* Hepatitis B (HBV) is the leading cause of liver cancer.
* HBV and hepatitis C (HCV) are known as “silent killers” because there are usually no signs or symptoms until it is too late.
* 1 in 4 with HIV are also infected with HBV or HCV.
* 1 in 12 Asian and Pacific Islander (API) Americans is infected with HBV, making it the largest health disparity facing API Americans.
* Left unmonitored, 1 in 4 with hepatitis B will die.
* Liver disease caused by viral hepatitis is a leading cause of death among those with HIV, and the 2nd leading cause of cancer death for API men.
[Facts taken from the Asian Liver Center and the CDC]