Team HOPE Accomplishments
- [fac_button icon=”facebook” name=”HOPE Facebook Page” link=”https://www.facebook.com/HepFreeHOPE” target=”_blank” color_hover=”#00b9f7″ background=”#a14693″ background_hover=”#ffffff”] Social Media Campaign – “Have Hope to End Hep C.” View photos on the HOPE Facebook Page
- Tabling at health fairs and sharing Hep C resources
- Presenting on Hep C in college classes
- Screening Hep C Prevention in Youth Video at CUNY Hunter College
- Engaging in “Show Your Face Social Media Campaign” for World Hepatitis Day
Ideas for HOPE Projects for next school year
- Create a strategic plan for the year, with different goals.
- Start the year with team building activities.
- Create a high school curriculum about Hep C – 11th In the curriculum, stress how prescription medication misuse can lead to intranasal or injection drug use, which can lead to Hep C infection.
- Outreach to high schools and present on Hep C.
- Connect with school health at DOH.
- Create a Hep C resource targeting young people.
- Identify strengths of each person in group, and delegate tasks based on those strengths.
- Organize the interns based on the college they attend.
Opportunities to screen the Hep C Prevention in Youth Video
- Screening at Brooklyn College, other high schools, and other colleges
- Screening events at partner organizations – Neighborhood Health Action Centers (distribute naloxone at events)
- Health Centers – Brightpoint Health
- Health Centers at Colleges – show the videoShow the video at naloxone trainings
- Drop in syringe exchange programs
- Heart to Heart – Weil Cornell (show video in waiting areas)
Hep C Prevention in Youth Video
Amela Paljevic, CUNY Hunter College, firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniel Calder, NYC Health Dept, email@example.com
Caroline Davidson, NYC Health Dept, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mitsuka Attys, CUNY Brooklyn College, email@example.com
Pedro Mateu-Gelabert, National Development Research Institutes, firstname.lastname@example.org
Prima Manandhar, CUNY Hunter College, email@example.com
Saumik Islam, CUNY Brooklyn College, firstname.lastname@example.org