World Hepatitis Day 2017
#ShowYourFace to eliminate hepatitis
World Hepatitis Day (WHD) takes places every year on July 28 and brings the world together under a single theme to raise awareness of the global burden of viral hepatitis and to influence real change. One of just four disease-specific global awareness days officially endorsed by the World Health Organization, WHD unites patient organizations, governments, medical professionals, civil society, industry and the general public to boost the global profile of viral hepatitis.
July 12th, 2 PM – 4 PM: Hep C Elimination Listening Session @ LGBT Community Center – share what’s being done and what remains a challenge in your area.
July 15th, 10 AM – 4 PM: Free Hep C Screening for Veterans @ VA St. Albans Campus in Jamaica, Queens
July 17th, 3 PM – 5 PM: Hep C Elimination Listening Session @ Staten Island Pride Center – share what’s being done and what remains a challenge in your area.
July 20th, 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM: Press Conference | Charles B. Wang Community Health Center Encourages Hep B Testing @ Charles B. Wang Community Health Center
July 20th, 3 PM – 4 PM: Webinar| What are Hepatitis C Patients Experiencing in 2017? | Register HERE.
July 23rd, 10:30 AM – 1:30 PM: Queens Free Hep B Screening Event @ The Korean Church of Queens
July 24th, 1 PM – 3 PM: Webinar | Hepatitis C Basics
July 25th, 10 AM – 4 PM: Harlem event for the 5th Annual National African-American Hepatitis C Action Day (NAAHCAD) @ Harlem Hospital
July 27th, 2 – 4 PM: Public Hearing | NYC Health Code Amendment regarding HCV Reflex RNA Testing @ NYC Health department
HOW ABOUT YOU?
Want to participate in World Hepatitis 2017? Below are some ideas on how you can participate.
Hold a free hepatitis screening event at your organization.
- Raise awareness about the importance of early diagnosis and access to care.
- If you do not have onsite testing, you can coordinate with a mobile community testing program to provide testing. See testing event resources and community testing programs here
- View a sample Flyer for a free hepatitis screening event.
- View NVHR Testing Day Events and Resources Webpage with information and resources for implementing a hepatitis testing event.
Organize a public event with signs, banners, and other tools to raise awareness about hepatitis.
- View the World Hepatitis Day 2017 Toolkit, which contains tips on organizing a successful Hepatitis Awareness event.
Distribute hepatitis resources and information throughout your community.
- Visit our Resource Page for diverse hepatitis education materials.
- NYC Health Department Viral Hepatitis Resources can be ordered and shipped to your organization. To order, email Daniel Calder.
Host a panel discussion or presentation on hepatitis.
- To connect with professionals who can present or participate in a panel discussion, email Daniel Calder.
Use social media to raise awareness about hepatitis.
- Participate in the #ShowYourFace online campaign
- When posting about hepatitis on social media, use the hashtags #WorldHepDay, #HepFreeNYC and #Nohep
- Visit the World Hepatitis Day Campaign Materials Webpage to download images and banners for social media.
- Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Get involved in activism by learning about current policy issues.
- To learn about national advocacy work see the NVHR Advocacy Resource Webpage.
- To learn about NYC policy issues see the Hep Free NYC Policy Webpage.
Showcase your event!