Viral Hepatitis Testing and Linkage to Care Coordinator
View job post here
Please send resume plus cover letter to email@example.com
Viral Hepatitis Testing and Linkage to Care Coordinator (Part -Time)
The Viral Hepatitis Testing and Linkage to Care Coordinator (“Hepatitis Program Coordinator”) manages the hepatitis B and C screening and linkage to care program conducted jointly by African Services Committee (ASC) and the Hepatitis Outreach Network (HONE) at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. The program aims to screen 500 high-risk individuals annually for hepatitis B and C. The Hepatitis Program Coordinator collaborates with ASC’s Testing Center Coordinator and with the Hepatitis Program Patient Navigator in conducting on-site and off-site viral hepatitis screening and linkage to care. S/he shall assure the program’s progress by holding Testing Center staff trainings, attending Testing Center team meetings, and conducting quality assurance and improvement of outreach, education, counseling, testing, follow-up, and referral services. The Hepatitis Program Coordinator will also be expected to provide direct client services and conduct counseling, hepatitis education, phlebotomy vaccination, follow up and referral. S/he is responsible for ensuring referral of hepatitis B and C positive clients to follow-up care within 90 days to gastroenterology, infectious disease, and liver clinics as appropriate. The Hepatitis Program Coordinator organizes and participates in testing events in the community; conducting, on average, two (2) events per month.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Viral Hepatitis Testing and Linkage to Care Coordinator shall:
- Outreach to high risk immigrant community organizations, and coordinate off site testing events
- Provide direct hepatitis B and C pre- and post-test counseling.
- Collect hepatitis B and C blood samples (i.e., phlebotomy).
- Order laboratory tests and submit blood samples in a timely manner.
- Refer individuals who lack serological evidence of hepatitis B immunity to ASC staff authorized to vaccinate or to offsite vaccine programs.
- Refer hepatitis B and C positive individuals to care accordingly.
- Collaborate with Testing Center staff before, during, and after hepatitis B and C screening to maintain open communication and a high standard of care.
- Collaborate with HONE and gastroenterology, liver, and infectious disease clinics to ensure client engagement and maintenance in care for hepatitis B and C positive individuals.
- Manage data entry through the supervision and training of data entry staff and interns..
- Conduct quality assurance and improvement of education, counseling, testing, referrals, follow-ups, reporting, and data collection through chart reviews, case conferences, and direct observation of staff.
- Write and present abstracts, updates and reports on the findings and status of the program and work with grant writers to secure future funding for the program.
- Represent and advocate for ASC’s Hepatitis Program through annual events, viral hepatitis coalition meetings, and/or conferences.
- Collaborate with ASC’s Communications Department regarding advertising campaigns and public relations for the Viral Hepatitis Program.
- Report to the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, to HONE, and to any other funders.
- Adhere to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 in order to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Oversee overall program operations including ordering and inventory of supplies.
- *Occasional evening and/or weekend hours may be required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum education requirement: Bachelor’s degree in health, social sciences or natural sciences
- Preferable: MPH, MS, BSN, and/or other clinical or public health degree
- At least two (2) years experience in clinical care and/or research
- Phlebotomy (can train after hire)
- Familiarity with basic program evaluation methodology a plus
- Program management experience preferred
- Fluency in Microsoft Office required
- Work experience in Africa or with African immigrant populations a plus
- Bilingual English/French required
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills, both spoken and written
Salary is $22,500 with benefits; position serves 20 hours per week.
Please send resume plus cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.orgTags: Care Coordinator