Last Updated on December 17, 2017 by wp-admin
Senior Representative Community Engagement
Title: Senior Representative, Community Engagement Position in NYC
(Flushing ‐ New York) The Senior Representative leads the integration of community engagement, health systems, and corporate and distinguished partner activities for an assigned area. Accountable for mission and income targets through relationship management and engagement of locally based corporations, small health systems, volunteer leadership groups and other community‐based assets. Supports goal achievement through the effective management, engagement and mobilization of community volunteers.
- Partners with community, health system, & corporate and distinguished partnership staff to coordinate a market strategy for the Society’s community presence in an assigned area.
- Executes against identified mission and income goals through the mobilization of community‐based businesses, health care providers, community leaders, volunteer and other key constituencies.
- Serves as the primary relationship manager for community‐based target accounts and constituents, responsible for leveraging those relationships to maximize engagement through corporate initiatives, distinguished events, major gifts and mission activities, and other areas.
- Oversees, manages and builds community volunteer leadership groups/community leadership boards as needed in the market to accomplish the mission; ensures volunteer bodies are effective and continually developed and utilized to their full potential to maximize fundraising, volunteer recruitment and other key efforts.
- Responsible for transferring relationships to appropriate staff as needed once relationships are established and providing seamless support and constituent relationship management throughout.
- Monitors progress against objectives; adjusts plans and manages contingency efforts and resources as required.
- Works in partnership with ACS CAN, including efforts to increase ACS CAN membership.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, 3 years community engagement & relationship development experience in a large nonprofit setting preferable.
- Bilingual candidate preferred ‐ the position supports the Asian community throughout New York Metro and New Jersey, in addition to Queens County at large.‐ Able to cultivate relationships with targeted systems/organizations including a diverse population of community leaders and volunteers.
- Strong market, community and constituent perspective.
- Strong experience with community‐based program planning and implementation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to proactively monitor and adjust activities to respond to changing circumstances and priorities to meet goals.
- Strong strategic planning skills.
- Outcome driven; strong project management ability.
- Collaborative leadership, management, coaching and development of diverse staff.
- Able to work through others to accomplish goals.
- Proficient in computer‐based information systems.
- Ability to understand and work within a complex organizational structure.
- Knowledge of product marketing/sales concepts
- Travel, including evening and weekend work required.
Staff has a unique opportunity to save lives through direct mission impact while fulfilling personal and career objectives. ACS is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBT community, veterans, and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply, visit cancer.org, job number 16186.
See original job post here.