Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Nirah Johnson
Title: Hepatitis Clinical Capacity Building Program Assistant Intern (for Master students ONLY)
Viral Hepatitis Program at NYC Health Department
The NYC Health Department, Bureau of Communicable Disease, Viral Hepatitis Program (VHP) works to reduce morbidity and mortality associated with Hepatitis B and C in NYC. The Capacity Building unit within VHP administers multiple direct service programs through contracts with syringe exchange programs, community organizations, hospitals, and health centers.
The Clinical Practice Facilitation Program provides technical assistance, training and data reports to hepatitis providers in order to increase their capacity to screen, diagnose and treat NYC residents with hepatitis B or C.
Intern Responsibilities, assist with:
- Provision of technical assistance and recording and tracking activities in database
- Development and implementation of quality improvement initiatives
- Project planning and monitoring with partner facilities
- Analysis, reporting and data visualization of surveillance data
- Performing literature reviews and the preparation of peer reviewed publications
- Writing of abstracts, creation of posters and slide presentations
- Meeting planning, meeting notes, and follow up items.
- Complete other tasks as assigned (e.g. site visits, enhanced surveillance, patient navigation, etc.)
- Currently matriculated in a master’s program (MPH, MSW, MHA, etc).
- Applicant must be interested in public health program implementation, capacity building and data analysis.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills with a sense of customer service
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a diverse team
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Hepatitis B or C (epidemiological and socioeconomic profiles, transmission, prevention, treatment)
- Interest in working with vulnerable populations
- Familiarity with clinical settings and coding in SAS
- Ability to handle multiple assignments
We especially encourage LGBTQIA+ people and people of color to apply
Start date: As soon as possible
Duration: Minimum 6 months (19 hours per week; $17/hour)
If interested, send cover letter and resume to Nadine at email@example.com
Subject: Hepatitis Program Assistant