The Check Hep B/C Patient Navigator will provide the following services to support linkage to medical care, retention in care, and treatment:
- Outreach and enrollment
- Patient navigation assessment
- Patient navigation care plan
- Linkage to HCV/HBV medical care
- Medical interpretation (if fluent in language and certified)
- Referrals and assistance in accessing supportive services
- Accompaniment to medical appointments, when necessary
- Reminders for appointments (i.e., calls, letters, text messages, emails, telegrams)
- Health promotion
- Alcohol screening and counseling
- Case conference with medical provider
- Treatment readiness and adherence counseling
- Medication/pharmacy assistance (e.g., supporting prior authorization or patient assistance program applications)
- Discharge/transition planning
- Fulfilling operational and administrative program duties, including reporting program activities and progress to DOHMH.
- Patient Navigator must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Patient Navigators must be proficient in Microsoft Office including MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of hepatitis B and hepatitis C (Some training will be provided)
- Health care related experience
- Experience with working with a diverse patient population
- Fluent in more than one language
- Previous experience as a Patient Navigator
This is a grant funded temp postion. Please contact Shifra Baum at Baums1@nychhc.org for more information or to apply for the position.