SCI/SEP Case Manager /Counselor Job Description
The Case Manager/Counselor will provide supportive counseling services; facilitate continued engagement in medical care & adherence to treatment to HIV positive individuals; will also provide supportive services to non-HIV individuals.
- Responsible for SCI Program day-to-day operations, data collection & reporting
- Conduct Intake Assessments & Develop service plans.
- Provide supportive individual, family, and biomedical counseling.
- Facilitate support & educational groups.
- Provide care coordination services directly or on behalf of clients to facilitate access to services.
- Complete required contract & agency documentation
- Participate actively in departmental quality management/program meetings.
- Submit monthly reports to Supervisor of program’s achievements, challenges & monthly contract deliverables goals.
- Provide Case Management Services to Syringe Exchange Participants (non-HIV)
- Perform other tasks as determined by the Supervisor of Supportive Services
- Bachelor’s degree is social science or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in related field
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS preferred
- Sensitivity to cultural, ethnic & gender orientation differences
- Effective communication, organization & documentation skills
- Effective computer skills
- Bilingual–English/Spanish *REQUIRED
To Apply: Email Netfali Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Reports to the Supervisor of Supportive Services
Jamaica Satellite Office, 89-31 161st Street, suite 710, Queens, NY 11432
Non-Exempt, Full-Time Employee
ACQC offers a generous benefits package including paid time off, health/dental/vision insurance, and a 403B retirement plan. ACQC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is nondiscriminatory relative to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, medical status, or history of incarceration.