Behavioral Health Coordinator
Please send cover letter and resume to Edward Manchess at firstname.lastname@example.org
Department: Wellness & Empowerment
Reports to: Director of Empowerment & Advocacy
Location: Harm Reduction Center (226 East 144th St. Bronx, NY 10451)
The SHE program is a multi-layered and coordinated response to the need for expanded HIV, HCV, and STI screening, increased access to treatment, care and wraparound support for women of color including transgender women.
The Behavioral Health Coordinator will use low-threshold, high impact educational and engagement techniques, motivational interviewing and trauma informed care when engaging participants via in person, phone, teleconference or ZOOM.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise both HIV/HCV tester and Peer, providing ongoing supervision, support and delegating tasks and completing annual evaluations.
- Recruit, screen, and enroll new participants into WILLOW & HERIZEN Evidence Based Interventions and Health & Navigation Services, for at risk women and/or women living with HIV/HCV.
- Conduct individual supportive counselling sessions to address identified needs and refer appropriately
- Facilitate Educational group interventions on topics related to target population.
- Complete assessments and develop action plans with participants, to address identified needs
- Oversee testing workflow of HIV/HCV tester, reviewing temperature log books, participant testing binder, testing packets and testing supply log.
- Work with Director to Identify potential new referrals sources from the community such as women’s shelters, SRO’s and CBO’s.
- Complete entry of services into AIRS reporting system database.
- Manage internal program tracking grid and dashboards.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and Executive team
- 2- 5 years of experience working in community setting or CBO.
- 2-3 years of experience in health education including individual and group sessions.
- 2-3 years of experience working in the field of HIV/AIDS or with other chronic illnesses.
- Excellent communication, writing, and time management skills.
Minimum of BA in Social Work or Community Health Education or related degree
** We follow the NYC Workplace Vaccination requirements.
Last Updated on April 4, 2023 by HepFree NYC