Study Operations Assistant – National HIV Behavioral Surveillance (NHBS) Project
Program Description: (CDC – NHBS, 600 West 168th St., NYC, NY)
The National HIV Behavioral Surveillance Study (NHBS) is an annual CDC-sponsored project in New York City and other participating sites. The project is aimed at measuring HIV prevalence, testing, access to and utilization of HIV prevention services and risk behaviors among groups at increased risk for HIV. For 2022, we will be conducting a survey cycle among people who inject drugs (PWID). Participants will undergo an interviewer-administered survey, be offered testing for HIV and Hep C and linked to care and services. Participants will be recruited via respondent driven sampling (RDS), a peer-recruitment method.
Title: Study Operations Assistant
Pay: $29/ hour
Hours: 28 hours maximum per week
The Study Operations Assistant will report to the Study Operation Supervisor and be responsible for supporting recruitment and on-site data collection activities as needed for the project. The Study Operations Assistant will also provide participants with remote interview navigation, electronic equipment use guidance, and adherence to COVID-19 guidelines. Staff in this position: 1) must adhere to strict detailed survey research protocols; 2) have ability to comply with strict protocols for confidentiality; 3) must have strong attention to detail; and 4) have ability to establish rapport with diverse racial/ethnic, socioeconomic, and sexual orientation groups. Study Operations Assistants will be expected to maintain confidentiality, effectively communicate with their supervisor daily, and be on time for all study appointments. Training will be provided.
- Assist Study Operations Supervisor with daily operations at field site (Washington Heights).
- Recruit initial participants via community outreach.
- Act as a back-up Study Operations Supervisor.
- Assist Study Operations Supervisor with training data collection staff.
- Assist with coupon management, using Coupon Manager software.
- Assist with scheduling videoconferencing appointments with interviewers.
- Send appointment reminders to participants.
- Ensure COVID-19 safety protocols are followed before, during, and after each interview.
- Conduct a 45-minute interviewer-administered survey with participants through a video-conferencing platform, when needed.
- Provide in-person rapid HIV and Hep C testing, when needed.
- Provide participants HIV and Hep C results and counseling, when needed.
- Accurately document participant information on paper and electronic forms.
- Escort and support study participants at the study site.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicant must have:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Familiarity with video-conferencing software, such as Microsoft Teams.
- Ability to learn and use computerized interview programs.
- Strong communication skills.
- Preferred Skills
- Fluent in Spanish
- Experience working with PWID.
- Experience with participant recruitment or community outreach.
- Experience in conducting research interviews.
- Experience in HIV testing and counseling.
- Certified phlebotomist and/or very experienced in phlebotomy on PWID is an advantage, but not required.
To apply, send CV & Resume, including how your experience relates to this position here
Last Updated on June 27, 2022 by HepFree NYC