Research NP at Weill Cornell GI & Hepatology NYC
The Research Nurse Practitioner manages gastroenterology and hepatology outpatients and clinical trial patients, coordinates patient care and the conduct of clinical research studies within the Division of Gastroenterolgoy and Hepatology. Completes outpatient and clinical trial visits; including history and physical exams, development of treatment plans, interprets lab test results and diagnostic procedure results, maintains accurate and complete medical records, participates in relevant multidisciplinary clinical conferences, functions as an integral part of the clinical practice team and as a Sub-investigator on the clinical trial research team, educates patients regarding their condition and treatment plans. Coordinates and supervises research and administrative activities of clinical research studies conducted by principal investigator at Weill Cornell Medical College, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology with a focus on Hepatitis C.
- Obtains comprehensive medical and surgical histories, completes physical exam and develops treatment plans for clinical trial and research patients.
- Consistent with the clinical trial protocol and under supervision by the PI, order comprehensive laboratory tests panels and review the results
- Completes patient study visits per protocol; complete outpatient visits as scheduled.
- Recruits and screens potential study participants according to protocol inclusion and exclusion criteria.
- Completes CRF and query resolution as required.
- Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of clinical trial and patients. Provides monitoring and continuity of care between office visits. Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Posts tests and examination results.
- Communicates with divisional regulatory personnel regarding FDA and IRB-required documentation with regulatory coordinator.
- Reviews IND safety reports for clinical trials and attends investigator meetings as required per protocol.
- Follows ICH guidelines, FDA regulations and conduct study in compliance with GCP.
- Triages and responds to patient telephone calls, screens incoming laboratory data, discusses data with patients and takes appropriate action when results require prompt intervention for clinical trial and practice patients.
- Attends investigator meetings as required per protocol
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- New York State Nursing and Nurse Practitioner license; Board Certified by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners;
- 3 years experience in a gastroenterology practice and clinical trial experience.
- BCLS or ACLS required.
Skill and Abilities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to Multi-task.
No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
About Weill Cornell Medical College
Founded in 1898, and affiliated with what is now New York-Presbyterian Hospital since 1927, Weill Cornell Medical College is among the top-ranked clinical and medical research centers in the country. In addition to offering degrees in medicine, Cornell also has Ph.D. programs in biomedical research and education at the Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and with neighboring Rockefeller University and the Sloan-Kettering Institute, has established a joint MD-PhD. program for students to intensify their pursuit of Cornell’s triple mission of education, research, and patient care.
Weill Cornell Medical College’s educational mission emphasizes the importance of combining a strong foundation in the medical sciences with extensive clinical training in patient care. By promoting a true social commitment, stimulating creativity, and fostering independent thought and study, Weill Cornell Medical College continues to cultivate the best of tomorrow’s leaders in the field of medicine.
Weill Cornell Medical College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer.
Primary Location: New York City
Organization: Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Overtime Status: Exempt
Number of Openings: 1
Minimum Salary: $83,891
Last Updated on May 17, 2020 by HepFree NYCTags: Hepatitis C Nurse Practicioner Research Position