HIV/Hep C Peer Coordinator
The Peer Coordinator provides oversight for all of BOOM!Health’s Peer Development Programs, inclusive of HCBS services, DSRIP project participation, AIDS Institute peer program and BOOM!Cafe/Kitchen. The Peer Coordinator works agency wide, formalizing and supervising peer program activities. The Peer Coordinator will facilitate orientation for new peers, provide ongoing training and supervision, and review all issues and Progress Reports. Peer Coordinator work closely with Department Directors and Human Resources. Must demonstrate a commitment to advocacy and activism, particularly in the crises of HIV/AIDS, hepatitis C, homelessness and drug policy.
Note: some outreach activities occur in off-hours, such as late evening and/or early morning depending on venue and/or event, which the Peer Coordinator must be available to address any issues that may arise during these hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the recruitment and professional development of Peers.
- Administrative monitoring and processing peers.
- Develop and facilitate new peer orientation.
- Provide on-site supervision and support to Peers.
- Conduct annual progress reports of Peer performance.
- Participate in on-going trainings as required.
- Assist with the development and facilitation of educational workshops for peers.
- Participate in HCBS, DSRIP, AI, and Catalyst Kitchen trainings and meetings as related to peer programming.
- Attend and participate in local community events as required.
- Other duties as assigned by VP of Quality Management, Compliance & Reporting.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with men and women of diverse races, ethnicities, ages and sexual orientations in a multicultural environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Minimum of 1 year experience (paid, peer or volunteer in HIV/HCV education or counseling).
- Knowledge of BOOM!Health programs and services, as well as local community resources for referral.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to apply
If interested in this position, please apply
Last Updated on October 22, 2020 by HepFree NYCTags: Hepatitis C & HIV Peer Coordinator