Manager of Prevention & Outreach at Callen-Lorde
The Manager of Prevention & Outreach will manage all aspects of the agency’s Prevention and Outreach program (both day-to-day operations on-site at Callen-Lorde, and off-site at the Hispanic AIDS Forum part-time clinic). Primary responsibilities include coordinating a variety of prevention initiatives including HIV testing and linkage to care, rapid HCV testing, STI screenings and treatment and Hep A & B screenings and vaccinations, biomedical interventions (PrEP and nPEP), and behavioral health interventions. Responsibilities include the direct supervision of staff, participation in programmatic strategic planning, data & evaluation meetings, development and maintenance of related protocols and guidelines, clinical supervisions, chart reviews and managing LGBT Pride events. The manager will assume contract responsibilities such as grant management, assisting in the appropriate service delivery of government funded HIV Testing & Prevention services, contract reporting for related service contracts, assessment of department contract target performance, and quality improvement across all Prevention and Outreach activities.
Our Health Center is open Monday through Saturday. Evening and Saturday hours are required. Salary will depend on experience and will be accompanied by an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, generous Paid Time Off , and 403B plan.
- BA or /BS in health/social services required, Masters preferred.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a health care/clinical setting managing HIV and prevention contracts and service delivery preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience managing and providing direct supervision of an HIV testing and prevention program with 4 or more staff members and managing a minimum of 2 different’ prevention and HIV related contracts (city, state, federal or private donation)required.
- 2-3 years of experience using a minimum of 2 different reporting databases (AIRS, eSHARE, Evaluation Web) within one position required.
- Experience writing and developing Policies and Procedures required.
- Certified Phlebotomist preferred.
- Commitment to the mission of Callen-Lorde Community Health Center.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations, including gay, bisexual, and transgender communities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIV/AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) and transmission risks.
- Demonstrated knowledge of city, state, national and global prevention strategies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk reduction theory as it applies to transmission of HIV and other STIs.
- Working knowledge of biomedical interventions including nPEP, PrEP Treatment as Prevention.
Send cover letter and resume including salary requirements to:
Subject: Manager of Prevention & Outreach Search
Callen-Lorde Community Health Center
356 West 18th Street, New York, NY 10011
(NO TELEPHONE INQUIRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED)
Callen-Lorde is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, people of transgender experience, lesbians and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.
Last Updated on December 17, 2017 by HepFree NYCTags: Hepatitis C & HIV Outreach Manager