Title: Research Coordinator
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: Medicine, Division of Liver Diseases, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
The Hepatitis Outreach Network (HONE) research coordinator will work closely with team at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai to conduct viral hepatitis B and C screening and linkage to care. The HONE program works closely with community partners to reach people in the community at-risk for viral hepatitis. The HONE program is also involved with developing and implementing research studies related to these viral hepatitis outreach efforts. The HONE research coordinator will be involved in all aspects of HONE program and related studies. They will work closely with the HONE project coordinator and team to achieve program and related study goals. They will also have the opportunity to work on other ongoing projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with HONE team members on all tasks
• Recruit and consent participants to take part in HONE or other Hepatitis B related research
• Collaborate with partners in the community to provide viral hepatitis outreach
• Foster new organizational partnerships and participate in expansion of viral hepatitis screening efforts at additional health partners sites
• Provide direct hepatitis B pre- and post-test counseling.
• Order laboratory tests and submit blood samples in a timely manner.
• Refer and assist in scheduling hepatitis B positive individuals to follow up care accordingly.
• Collect data related to the HONE program and related research study
• Administer any program or study instruments including surveys
• Enter data into the HONE or research-related databases.
• Conduct quality assurance and improvement of education, counseling, testing, referrals, follow-ups, reporting, and data collection
• Represent and advocate for HONE through annual events, coalition meetings, and/or conferences.
• Adhere to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 in order to maintain patient confidentiality.
• Assist with program operations including ordering and inventory of supplies.
• Communicate effectively and professionally with people, members of the health care team and project leadership
• Occasional document submission to Institutional Review Board for research authorization compliance
• Evening and/or weekend hours may be required.
• Bachelor’s degree in sciences, public health or a related field is required
• Proficient in French
• Full Time
• Experience with RedCaP, SPSS preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both spoken and written
• At least one (1) year of experience in community outreach and/or research is preferred
• Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
• Fluency in Microsoft Office required
Title: Research Coordinator
Please email a letter of interest and CV to:
Lina Jandorf, MA
Nyashadzashe C Makoni, MPH
Last Updated on May 7, 2021 by HepFree NYC