Behavioral Health Educator at AIDS Service Center NYC
REPORTS TO: Director of Prevention Services
SUPERVISES: 4 Peer Navigators
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full Time/Regular, Non-Exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct targeted outreach to PLWH/A needing behavioral health treatment through education and awareness activities
- Completes program intake and performs behavioral health screenings using standardized tools
- Provides individual behavioral health education sessions utilizing Motivational Interviewing and other evidenced based techniques; provides systems navigation for clients, including provision of reminder and follow-up calls, and escorts to services.
- Coordinates with relevant service providers (i.e. care managers) to ensure appropriate service provision and to minimize barriers to entry and retention in care.
- Provides expedited linkage to behavioral healthcare treatment, follow-up, and care coordination as needed until client has been successfully engaged in care.
- Responsible for semi-annual training of Peer Navigators using ASCNYC’s Peer Health Coach curriculum.
- Provides direct supervision to four Peer Navigators
- Attend weekly Unit/Team Meetings, Individual and Group Clinical & Administrative Supervision;
- The Behavioral Health Educator will report directly to the Assistant Director of Prevention Services.
- The Behavioral Health Educator will have a B.A. or B.S. with at least 2 years of experience working in the field of HIV/AIDS, behavioral health, and Peer Services.
- Must be experienced in providing health education and training services.
- Possess an understanding of community level work and the importance of collaborating and coordinating with other organizations; and effective communication and documentation skills.
- Fluency in a second language a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Excellent people skills with professional demeanor.
- Good attention to details.
- Ability to follow through instructions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and stressful environment.
- Ability to work well within the organizational structure.
- Ability to use common office software
ASCNYC offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
ASCNYC is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, national origin, gender, disability, marital status, and sexual orientation.
How to apply
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter (including minimum salary requirement) and three references via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job title in the subject line.
For original post CLICK HERE.
Last Updated on December 17, 2017 by HepFree NYCTags: Behavioral Health Educator Hepatitis C & HIV