Last Updated on
Title: Hepatitis Program Assistant (for CUNY master students ONLY)
Viral Hepatitis Program at NYC Health Department
The NYC Health Department, Bureau of Communicable Disease, Viral Hepatitis Program (VHP) works to reduce morbidity and mortality associated with Hepatitis B and C in NYC. The Capacity Building unit within VHP administers multiple direct service programs through contracts with syringe exchange programs, community organizations, hospitals, and health centers.
The Hep C Peer Navigation Program and the Check Hep C Patient Navigation Program provide hepatitis C outreach, prevention, navigation through complete diagnostic testing and treatment, retention in care and reinfection prevention services throughout NYC.
Intern Responsibilities, assist with:
- Meeting planning, meeting notes, and follow up items.
- Site visits with staff at contracted organizations throughout NYC
- Developing strategies to assist programs in recruitment and linkage to care
- Training and technical assistance for program navigators
- Protocol, form, and documentation updates
- Program activities tracking using Salesforce
- Report writing as needed
- Complete other tasks as assigned
- Currently matriculated in a CUNY master’s program (MPH, MSW, MHA, etc).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Applicant must be interested in public health program implementation and capacity building.
- Comfort with public speaking: providing training, presentations at community meetings, and conferences
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Interest in harm reduction and working with vulnerable populations
- Knowledge or experience with Salesforce and RedCap
Applicant must be a current student at CUNY (19 hours per week; $17/hour)
We especially encourage LGBTQIA+ people and people of color to apply
Start date: As soon as possible
If interested, send cover letter and resume to Diana at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Hepatitis Program Assistant