CHIPO-NYC Committee Notes
CHIPO- NYC Update
- View Hep B and C presentation here. Interested in presentation in French, contact Farma Pene, email@example.com
- Hep B pocket card and Hep B and C testing voucher will be available at next meeting
- Next meeting: May 25 (3 – 5 pm) at African Services Committee 429 W. 127th Street
- Organizations can apply for funding through NYC Council. Learn more here.
- Funding opportunities are listed here.
- Have any funding opportunities? Contact Farma Pene at firstname.lastname@example.org
- H+H (Bellevue) and FQHCs (Bronx Lebanon and Montefiore) receive funding for Check Hep B patient navigation program and provide low cost services.
- Resources to ensure health access for all (insured and uninsured) are available at here.
- #justB (Hepatitis B Foundation) – Seeking patient and family member to tell their Hep B story. Please email Chari Cohen at email@example.com for more details
- Hep B Coalition Meeting – April 25th (3 -5pm) at American Cancer Society – 132 W 32nd St, New York, NY 10001
- Annual Hep Free NYC Awareness Event – May 15th (11 – Noon), Steps of City Hall.
- NYC Viral Hepatitis Research Symposium – May 24th (8am -4pm) at Rockefeller University, 1230 York Ave, New York, NY 10065.
- Next CHIPO-NYC meeting – May 25th (3-5pm)at African Services Committee 429 W. 127th Street
- African Immigrant Advisory Group – To join, email Chari Cohen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- National CHIPO Call – To joinn, email Chari Cohen, email@example.com
CHIPO is a coalition of organizations and individuals interested in addressing the high rates of hepatitis B and C infections among African communities in the U.S. Our goal is to bring together NYC organizations, services providers and advocates who are dedicated to ending hepatitis B and C in African communities throughout the city.
- Alassane Diop, Immigrant Affairs & Constituent Services Liaison, Manhattan Borough President Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amanda Lugg, Director of Advocacy, African Services Committee, email@example.com
- Chelsea Grant, Clinical Research Coordinator, Hone – Mount Sinai Hospital, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christina Boynes, Patient Navigator, Bronx Lebanon Hospital, Cboynes@bronxleb.org
- Daouda Ndiaye, Patient navigator, ASC, email@example.com
- Esther Blondeau-Lecomte, Clinical Research Coordinator, Hone – Mount Sinai Hospital, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Farma Pene, Health Care Access Specialist, Meeting organizer, DOHMH, email@example.com
- Halimatou Konte, Testing Center Coordinator ASC, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jerry Loschiavo, Specialty Pharmacy Account Executive, CVS Specialty Pharmacy, email@example.com
- Kim Nichols, Co-Executive Director, African Services Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liz Tang, Health Care Access Specialist, DOHMH, email@example.com
- Nirah Johnson, Director of Capacity Building, DOHMH, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phillip White, Intern, Manhattan Borough President Office, email@example.com
- Rahel Yosief, Patient Navigator, Check Hep C, Boom!Health, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Ahmed, Community Organizing & Training Coordinator, DOHMH, email@example.com