DA approved revisions to the Olysio (simeprevir) label to include dosing recommendations for the treatment of HCV/HIV-1 coinfection and to expand the indications and usage to include genotype 4 infection.
DAKLINZA is the first drug that has demonstrated safety and efficacy to treat genotype 3 HCV infections without the need for co-administration of interferon or ribavirin, two FDA-approved drugs also used to treat HCV infection.
YSDOH Drug Utilization Review Board meeting, the board voted to approve Viekira Pak as its preferred drug for persons chronically infected with HCV and enrolled in FFS Medicaid. Viekira Pak will be available for all chronically infected persons regardless of disease severity. Thi...
On Feb 26th, 2015, the NYS Drug Utilization Review Board (DURB) voted unanimously to move Viekira Pak to preferred status for NYS Medicaid Fee-for-service members, and to remove restrictions based on disease prognosis and severity from the current clinical criteria for Viekira Pa...
On February 26th, the New York State Drug Utilization Review Board will meet to review and recommend NYS Medicaid clinical criteria for Viekira Pak - the most recently approved Hepatitis C therapy - marketed by AbbVie.
FDA Approves Viekira Pak to Treat Hep C A new hepatitis C medication, Viekira Pak, was approved today by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). AbbVie, who markets the drug, has not immediately released the price of the new all-oral Hep C medication which will now rival Ha...
The USPSTF's draft recommendations on testing hepatitis C among injection drug users and others at high risk is a major improvement over previous guidelines (a grade “B”, meaning testing is recommended).
Report Medicaid Managed Care Pharmacy & Medication ‘Issues’ to NYS DOH Pharmacy Program by describing the issue in detail in an email to: PPNO@Health.state.ny.US. Medical Providers, Patient Navigators, Case Managers, Care Managers, Advocates, Pharmacists, Patients...
News & Recent Posts
- Internship | PT Peer RADx-UP Program @ Alliance Lower East Side Harm Reduction Center March 4, 2021
- NYC Health Department Form to Self-Certify Medical Condition for COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility (including Liver Disease) February 23, 2021
- Coalition against Hepatitis in People of African Origin (CHIPO) NYC February 17, 2021
- Job | Certified Recovery Peer Advocate @ Addiction Care Interventions February 12, 2021
- Job | Partnerships & Communications Associate Director @ Stanford University Asian Liver Center February 11, 2021
- CHIPO-NYC Committee Meeting Highlights | 1-27-21 February 4, 2021