The Patient Navigator (PN) The PN assesses HCV positive individuals and provides linkage the HCV medical care in order to get them into treatment. Once in HCV treatment the PN provides ongoing support in order for clients to remain in HCV care throughout the course of their medical treatment. Once treatment has been completed the PN will conduct a 3 month follow up to ensure that HCV has been successfully cured. In addition to providing linkage to HCV medical care, the PN will make referrals on the client’s behalf to obtain full range of services needed. The PN will utilize a Harm Reduction Model of Care in order to address barriers such as substance abuse and medical non compliancy issues in effort to better assist clients towards meeting their goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct intakes, assessments and referrals on an as needed basis, for clients and collaterals.
- Assist in identifying, arranging and coordinating all HCV medical and follow up services.
- Completion of all chart documentation, recording of statistics, returning telephone calls to client and other agencies providing services to client and/or collaterals.
- Ensure clients are linked to medical care, adhere to their treatment regimen and remain in care.
- Conduct home visits as needed to monitor services and client status.
- Assist in monitoring the progress of clients.
- Assist the client in complying with scheduled appointments; accompany and escort clients to and from appointments when necessary.
- Complete all documentation in a timely manner, including weekly schedules and weekly progress notes.
- Conduct case conference with other providers in order to discuss client barriers and progress.
- Attend training & seminars.
- Attends monthly NYCDOH Check Hep C meetings at Queens Borough Hall.
- Other duties as assigned.
BA degree in public health, human services or related area with one year of qualifying experience or an Associates Degree with 2 years relevant experience. Knowledge of hepatitis C virus, means of transmission, substance use and SMI. Knowledge of community resources, public benefits and sensitivity towards individuals infected with HCV. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Bilingual (Spanish speaking) preferred.
If interested, send updated resume to Charles Bold, Vice President of Harm Reduction and Wellness at firstname.lastname@example.org