We describe the mortality profile of NYC residents with HBV or HCV, emphasizing the contributions of HCC and HIV coinfection.
The NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) examined anti-HCV and RNA testing performed by dialysis centres in NYC between 1 January 2014 and 31 December 2017 to assess HCV testing practices.
Evaluation of whether enrollment in Project INSPIRE was associated with differences in HCV treatment and cure compared with a demographically similar group not enrolled in the programme.
Project INSPIRE provides care coordination to HCV patients and a web‐based training program (telementoring) on disease management and treatment by HCV specialists to primary care providers inexperienced in HCV treatment.
This study aims to validate algorithms designed to estimate treatment and cure of Hep C using RNA test results reported through routine surveillance.
The researchers found anti-HCV antibody in 372 of 4,989 participants (7.5%) with completed results. The confirmatory test showed HCV RNA positive in 196 individuals—38 of which (19.2%) of which were undiagnosed. There was also a substantial number of coinfections in the cohort....
A new Epi Data Brief Neighborhood Poverty and Infectious Diseases: Health Disparities in NYC found that New Yorkers residing in very high poverty census tracts were more likely to be diagnosed with Hep B and C.
Results from a Geographically Focused, Community-Based Hep C Screening, Linkage-to-Care & Patient Navigation ProgramArticles, Hepatitis C
Non-clinical screening programs with patient navigator services are an effective means to diagnose, link, retain and re-engage patients in HCV care. Eliminating referral requirements for subspecialty care might further enhance retention in care for patients chronically infected w...
News & Recent Posts
- Hepatitis Awareness Month 2021 April 16, 2021
- Research Committee Meeting Highlights | 3-24-21 March 30, 2021
- Funding | Cancer Prevention & Early Detection Community Grants (Deadline April 21, 2021) March 29, 2021
- Hep Free NYC Advocacy Committee Meeting Highlights March 25, 2021
- Funding | Hep B United Mini-Grants (Deadline August 20, 2021) March 19, 2021
- Job | Hep C Care Coordinator @ Mount Sinai LEAP (Liver Education & Action Program) March 19, 2021