We describe the mortality profile of NYC residents with HBV or HCV, emphasizing the contributions of HCC and HIV coinfection.
The NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) examined anti-HCV and RNA testing performed by dialysis centres in NYC between 1 January 2014 and 31 December 2017 to assess HCV testing practices.
Evaluation of whether enrollment in Project INSPIRE was associated with differences in HCV treatment and cure compared with a demographically similar group not enrolled in the programme.
Project INSPIRE provides care coordination to HCV patients and a web‐based training program (telementoring) on disease management and treatment by HCV specialists to primary care providers inexperienced in HCV treatment.
This study aims to validate algorithms designed to estimate treatment and cure of Hep C using RNA test results reported through routine surveillance.
The NYC Department of Health implemented a patient navigation program, Check Hep C, to address patient and provider barriers to HCV care and potentially lifesaving treatment.
The study concludes that the high burden of Hep B infection among African immigrants in the United States underscores a need for continued screening and linkage to care in this at-risk population.
A new Epi Data Brief Neighborhood Poverty and Infectious Diseases: Health Disparities in NYC found that New Yorkers residing in very high poverty census tracts were more likely to be diagnosed with Hep B and C.
Results from a Geographically Focused, Community-Based Hep C Screening, Linkage-to-Care & Patient Navigation ProgramArticles, Hepatitis C
Non-clinical screening programs with patient navigator services are an effective means to diagnose, link, retain and re-engage patients in HCV care. Eliminating referral requirements for subspecialty care might further enhance retention in care for patients chronically infected w...
- Hep C Task Force Meeting Highlights | 09-25-2019 October 10, 2019
- Job | Hep C Peer Navigator (Part-time) @ VOCAL-NY October 7, 2019
- Hep B Coalition Meeting Highlights | 09-18-19 October 7, 2019
- Job | Hep C Linkage to Care Specialist @ Brightpoint Health October 2, 2019
- NYC Rapid Hep C Testing Guidance and Resources October 1, 2019
- Job | Hep C Peer Navigator @ New York Harm Reduction Educators September 27, 2019
- Funding | Request for Proposal: Targeted Approach to Jail-Based Programs and Services (Department of Correction) September 24, 2019