Part-time Peer Intern for the RADx-UP Program
Alliance Lower East Side Harm Reduction Center
Part Time position with flexible days/hours
Assist program with enrollments, outreach (in-person, virtual, and via social media), recruit new consumers, and COVID-19. Goal: to reach those who use opioids and other substances to increase their uptake of onsite point of care COVID-19 testing. Containing/eliminating COVID-19 must include targeted identification efforts to highly vulnerable and underserved populations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Peer will have proven efficiencies and/ or adaptability to access hidden populations and engaging them in supportive services (COVID-19 testing, HIV/ HCV testing, etc.)
● Peer will assist to promote COVID-19 testing and information for program staff and enrollments.
● Peers will assist with providing potential consumers with program overviews and assist with program staff obtaining consent for Insurance Navigation Program.
● Peers will conduct outreach phone calls to potential consumers, assist with enrollments and testing, and scheduling appointments for program enrollments face-to-face.
● Peers will conduct outreach and engagement strategies via chain referrals (social networking) and/or credible messenger (peer delivered services)
● Peers must be able to travel and perform outreach in the community via public transportation and walking.
● Peer interns will provide accompaniment to Alliance Program sites for enrollments if needed.
● Peer Interns will conduct follow-up calls to consumers about testing appointments.
● Peer Intern will be required to document services provided to consumers at the different outreach sites and complete a weekly log for tracking purposes.
● Peer intern will report directly to Site Coordinator for linkage to care.
● Peers will attend weekly support and monthly meeting.
● Peers must be flexible, and able to late evenings and Saturdays (if scheduled).
High school diploma/GED and minimum of one year of successful paid or voluntary work experience. Strong interpersonal, facilitation and leadership skills. Direct knowledge about motivational interviewing skills. Ability to honor ethics and confidentiality. Spanish speaking a plus. Basic Computer skills a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume to email@example.com.
For questions, you may also call Perla at (917) 880-6258