Viral Hepatitis Program at NYC Health Department
*Applicant must be a student at CUNY School of Public Health
The NYC Health Department, Bureau of Communicable Disease, Viral Hepatitis Program (VHP) works to reduce morbidity and mortality associated with Hepatitis B and C in NYC. The Capacity Building unit within VHP administers multiple direct service programs through contracts with syringe exchange programs, community organizations, hospitals, and health centers.
The Hep C Peer Navigation Program and the Check Hep C Patient Navigation Program provide hepatitis C outreach, prevention, navigation through complete diagnostic testing and treatment, retention in care and reinfection prevention services.
- Meeting planning, meeting notes, and follow up items.
- Site visits with staff at contracted organizations throughout NYC
- Developing strategies to assist programs in recruitment and linkage to care
- Training and technical assistance
- Protocol, form and documentation updates
- Report writing
- Complete other tasks as assigned
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Applicant must be interested in public health program implementation and capacity building.
- Comfort with public speaking: providing training, presentations at community meetings and conferences
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
Hours per week: 19
Start date: As soon as possible
If interested, send cover letter and resume to Diana at firstname.lastname@example.orgTags: Hepatitis B & C Paid Internship