Training | Community Health Worker: Core Competencies
CHW TRAINING Core Competencies | 35-hour curriculum
November 13-17, 2017 | 5 days – 9 AM – 5 PM
Registration Deadline October 27th.
Developed in direct response to the stated needs of both CHWs and their employers and supported by original research conducted in partnership with Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health.
Designed to help CHWs develop the core skills they need to conduct the tasks and fulfill the roles that have come to describe the CHW practice.
- This training is by far the best I have attended in my 10 plus years in the human services field.
- Gave me knowledge and opened my eyes on how to understand life better. I learned how to be compassionate. It changed my way of thinking.
- They bring education to a whole new standard and make you want to think more.
- I feel incredibly empowered.
- The most interesting training I’ve ever had. It gave me all of the basics of what a CHW has to deal with.
- I feel more competent in being able to actually make changes from the root of a situation.
- Teaches how to empower the people they serve.
- This week has changed me forever. I will remember this as a watershed moment in my life.
- Email April Hicks for rates and registration.