NASTAD has created a sign-on letter for Congressional leaders and appropriators asking that they allocate at least $100 million to CDC’s viral hepatitis program in FY2018. Congress included $6 billion over two years included in the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 to fight the nation’s opioid epidemic and this letter urges a portion of that funding goes to communities to deal with increasing hepatitis C, hepatitis B and HIV infections. For more information about the ask please see the letter. If your organization would like to be included please fill out this google form by next Wednesday, February 21st.
Advocacy, News, HepCX News
The USPSTF's draft recommendations on testing hepatitis C among injection drug users and others at high risk is a major improvement over previous guidelines (a grade “B”, meaning testing is recommended).
Advocacy, Federal Budget, Federal Legislation, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Sign On Letter
The AIDS Budget and Appropriations Coalition (ABAC), in collaboration with the Hepatitis Appropriations Partnership (HAP) and other coalitions, has developed an organizational sign-on letter urging the president to adequately fund hepatitis and HIV programs.
Advocacy, Federal Budget, Hepatitis C
This statement calls on all stakeholders to work together on a solution that ends the current practice of rationing hepatitis C treatment and sends a strong statement that all lives are worth saving.
Advocacy, Sign On Letter
Thanks to our champions in Congress for introducing the Viral Hepatitis Testing Act.
The American Medical Association launched a website for consumers to tell their stories of how rising prices are affecting their health and their pocketbooks.
News & Recent Posts
- Telemedicine Workgroup Meeting Highlights | 5-20-21 June 10, 2021
- Job | Program Patient Navigation Coordinator @ REACH (Mount Sinai Hospital) June 4, 2021
- A Proclamation on National Hepatitis Testing Day, 2021 May 19, 2021
- Job | Hep C Peer Navigator Part-Time @ VOCAL-NY May 19, 2021
- Funding | Mother Cabrini Health Foundation Statewide Grants (Deadline: June 4th, 2021) May 18, 2021
- Job | Hep B & C Research Coordinator (Mount Sinai HONE Program) May 7, 2021