NASTAD has created a sign-on letter for Congressional leaders and appropriators asking that they allocate at least $100 million to CDC’s viral hepatitis program in FY2018. Congress included $6 billion over two years included in the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 to fight the nation’s opioid epidemic and this letter urges a portion of that funding goes to communities to deal with increasing hepatitis C, hepatitis B and HIV infections. For more information about the ask please see the letter. If your organization would like to be included please fill out this google form by next Wednesday, February 21st.
Awareness Day Planning Committee, Jobs, Harm Reduction
The Overdose Prevention Coordinator will develop, implement, manage and evaluate the DHS Drug Use and Overdose Prevention Program
Advocacy, Sign On Letter
The letter of support urges the House and Senate Appropriations Committees to fund the Division of Viral Hepatitis at a level of $62.8 million in FY2017.
Advocacy, Awareness Day Planning Committee, HepCX News, News
The new effort aims to stop the Hepatitis C virus in its tracks by increasing access to medications that can cure Hepatitis C and expanding programs to connect New Yorkers in high-risk communities with wrap-around Hepatitis C prevention, screenings and treatment services.
Advocacy, Federal Budget, Hepatitis C
This statement calls on all stakeholders to work together on a solution that ends the current practice of rationing hepatitis C treatment and sends a strong statement that all lives are worth saving.
Awareness Day Planning Committee, Jobs, Project Coordinator
The Program Coordinator will conduct formative research to ascertain hepatitis B and C health care access barriers and needs in NYC communities, develop health communication projects and implement and evaluate each project.
Awareness Day Planning Committee, HepCX Meeting Highlights, HepCX News, News, Research Opportunities, Call for Abstracts
Now is the time to submit your abstract to become part of the 2018 NYC Viral Hepatitis Research Symposium! The primary focus of the meeting is on addressing viral hepatitis in special populations. Authors are encouraged to submit abstracts on their research and health care evalua...
- Funding | Innovative Hepatitis C Care and Treatment Models for People Who Inject Drugs (PWID) November 8, 2018
- Hepatitis C Group Treatment in Primary Care Webinar Recording November 1, 2018
- Hepatitis A, B and C in New York City: 2017 Annual Report October 30, 2018
- Job | Technical Consultant, Drug User Health @ NASTAD October 19, 2018
- Nominate Hep C Elimination Champion/Team for NYS DOH Commissioner World AIDS Day Award! September 21, 2018
- Soliciting Feedback on Draft National Harm Reduction Strategy August 20, 2018
- Article | Effect of Hepatocellular Carcinoma on Mortality Among Individuals With Hep B or Hep C Infection in NYC, 2001–2012 July 31, 2018
- NY Governor Announces First-In-Nation Task Force To Eliminate Hepatitis C July 27, 2018
Sign Up For Texts
to receive free texts about hepatitis C and liver health.