Last Updated on August 27, 2019 by Sarah Ahmed
Understanding and intervening with heavy drinking among patients with HIV and HCV.
This research study will compare two different approaches to find out if they help patients who have HIV and Hepatitis C co-infection reduce their drinking. This study lasts for 90 days and includes 4 study appointments. If you are eligible, you could receive up to $230 for full study
You may be eligible if you answer YES to the following:
- You are an adult (aged 18 years or older) who is living with HIV
- You have ever been diagnosed with Hepatitis C (you may still be eligible even if you have been treated or been cured)
- You are currently drinking alcohol
- You have an HIV care provider in the NYC area
- You can speak and read in English
For more information and to see if you are eligible please visit https://recruit.cumc.columbia.edu/clinical_trial/1708.
See flyer here.
See informed consent concise summary here.
This study is led by Jennifer C. Elliott, PhD and is approved by the New York State Psychiatric Institute (Protocol #7649).