One and Only Campaign is a public health campaign, led by the CDC and the Safe Injection Practices Coalition (SIPC), to raise awareness among patients and healthcare providers about safe injection practices. Unsafe injection practices and inadequate infection control procedures have led to outbreaks of hepatitis and bacterial infections nationwide, and this campaign aims to eliminate these outbreaks through education.
Advocacy, Sign On Letter
The letter of support urges the House and Senate Appropriations Committees to fund the Division of Viral Hepatitis at a level of $62.8 million in FY2017.
Training, Journal Articles
Community Health Worker Network of New York City is offering a 5-day CHW training on November 13-17 from 9 AM - 5 PM. Learn more and register!
Training, Harm Reduction
The Resource Training Center is holding a 4-month full time training to become credentialed alcohol & substance abuse counselor. Scholarships are available for those in the health care field.
Hispanic Federation is seeking Patients, Patient Navigators/Case Managers and Medical Providers to share accounts in care and treatment.
News, Training, HepCX News
This one hour hepatitis C (HCV) educational webinar provides clinical and non-clinical providers an in-depth look into improving the HCV care continuum for hepatitis C through a group treatment approach.
The USPSTF's draft recommendations on testing hepatitis C among injection drug users and others at high risk is a major improvement over previous guidelines (a grade “B”, meaning testing is recommended). However, the Task Force failed to match the Centers for Disease Control ...
- Advocacy Committee September 15, 2020
- New York Hepatitis Clinical Education Collaborative September 15, 2020
- NYS Hep C Telemedicine Workgroup Meeting Notes | 8-20-20 August 31, 2020
- Open for Comment | CMS Proposes to Expand Telehealth Benefits August 24, 2020
- Job | Hep C Community Engagement Officer @ TAG (part-time) August 17, 2020
- Data-to-Care Toolkit August 14, 2020
- Funding | Office of Minority Health Initiative to Document & Sustain Disparity-Reducing Interventions (Due 8/26) August 4, 2020