National African American Hep C Action Day – July 25 2017
Tuesday, July 25th is the 5th Annual National African American Hepatitis C Action Day (NAAHCAD).
This day provides an opportunity to promote hepatitis C prevention, testing, and treatment messages to public health partners and the public. NAAHCAD also provides a chance to discuss the importance of linkage to care, cure and integrating prevention opportunities, as many people at risk for acquiring hepatitis are often at risk for acquiring other infectious diseases such as HIV or STDs.
In addition to the outreach activities that touch so many lives each year, NBLCA is partnering with C.O.P.E. (co-founder of NAAHCAD) to host Hepatitis C forums via webinars or Facebook Live to provide information to stakeholders and educated consumers as a lead up to NAAHCAD beginning this month. NBLCA is also partnering with NVHR to organize a call-in to legislators on July 25 to deliver a strong message by emphasizing the importance of the Affordable Care Act to people living with hepatitis C.
Spread the word using the hashtag #NAAHCAD.
Click here to view past activities.
Activities organizations can engage in include:
- Outreach & Testing Events– Testing and providing linkage to care
- HCV Health Literacy– Workshops to educate the community; distribution of literature
- Social Media Campaigns – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, other
- Town Halls/Policy Intervention– Targeting policy-makers and legislators
Sign up now and your organization will receive a NAAHCAD promotional package (while supplies last) which includes:
- 2 – NAAHCAD T-shirts (100 organizations) NEW DESIGN IN RECOGNITION of 5TH YEAR
- 1 – CDC NAAHCAD “Hit The Streets Poster” – 18 x 24
- 2 – NAACHAD Events Poster – 18 x 24 NEW DESIGN IN RECOGNITION of 5TH YEAR
- 25 – CDC Hepatitis C Flyer – 8 ½ x 11
- 200 – NAACHAD Palm Cards – 4 x 6 NEW DESIGN IN RECOGNITION of 5TH YEAR
For more information firstname.lastname@example.org or nblca.org.
Tags: African-American Hepatitis C