Job Title: Viral Hepatitis Surveillance Intern
Organization: NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
Position Reports to: Viral Hepatitis Program, Surveillance
Hours Per Week: 35 hours per week (Summer); 15-20 hours per week (Fall-Spring)
Length of Position: 6-18 months
*Applicant must be a current student at CUNY School of Public Health*
The Hepatitis Program at the New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene, Bureau of Communicable Disease is looking for a motivated intern. The intern will work on several aspects of hepatitis C and B surveillance, including case investigations, data analysis and requests. We are looking for a student in an MPH program, or similar.
The position is available immediately and will end at the completion of one academic year or upon graduation
**This position qualifies for fieldwork experience for MPH with CUNY School of Public Health**
Specifically, duties will include but are not limited to:
• Conduct provider and patient interviews for case investigations
• Support analysis and management of DOHMH hepatitis surveillance data
• Conduct on-site medical chart reviews for hepatitis B patients
• Prepare summary lists or reports, as requested
• Research and review systems of delivery of care for viral hepatitis.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Enrolled in a MPH program
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently multi-task on a daily basis;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and SAS
Please send your resume, with cover letter, to: email@example.com
Indicate the following in the Subject line: CUNYinternship_your name.