SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Linkage to care
- Track patients diagnosed with HCV or HBV at Bellevue Hospital using electronic medical record.
- Contact patients by telephone and/or letter to provide appointment.
- Make appointments in Infectious Diseases/Viral Hepatitis clinic using Soarian scheduling system.
- Educate patients on alcohol cessation and how to limit transmission through initial phone contact or via letter.
- Meet with inpatients diagnosed with HCV or HBV to educate and provide appointment upon discharge.
- Provide reminders (calls, letters, text, email) for patient appointments.
- Perform moderately difficult and responsible clerical work in maintaining and checking various kinds of records both in electronic and paper form in order to link to care.
- Medical case management
- Assist in health insurance enrollment.
- Assist in medication/pharmacy prior authorization and coordination to access highly effective HCV and HBV medications.
- Engage in treatment readiness counseling.
- Promote, monitor and document patient adherence to prescribed.
- Accompany patients to infectious diseases clinic appointments and ancillary services such as radiology or the laboratory.
- Educate, coach and empower patients.
- Assist in accessing appropriate community services.
- Service documentation
- Document services promptly in the electronic medical record.
- Document metrics required for grant reporting purposes.
- Maintain a safe environment for patients by ensuring the enforcement of safety policies; attend continuing education programs/training as scheduled; assist in the proper handling of patients’ protected health information to ensure HIPAA compliance; use of two identifiers for patients, maintain tidy work area.
- Participate as an Active Member of the Virology/Infectious Diseases Clinic
- Participate in weekly case conferences with medical providers
- Provide critical feedback to other members of the healthcare team based on observations in the field.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Subject line should read: “Viral Hepatitis Patient Navigator”