HIV Prevention Project Manager
Oversee the implementation of all HIV prevention programming at the Pride Center of Staten Island. Supervise the Program Assistant and the implementation of the MPowerment intervention. Supervise full-time HIV Tester. Work individually with a caseload of young men who have sex with men and transgender individuals to provide Comprehensive Risk Counseling Services (CRCS). Provide Linkage & Navigation services for program participants. The HIV Prevention Project Manager will also facilitate a multi-session group for program clients to increase HIV/STI education and social support. Be an active manager on the Pride Center of Staten Island staff team.
The project manager will also oversee educational and linkage initiatives for Hepatitis C and rapid Hepatitis C testing at the Center.
- Conduct in-reach to existing young MSM programs and outreach in the Staten Island community to recruit those at high risk of transmitting or contracting HIV and other STDs in prevention programming.
- Screen young MSMs ages 16-29 at highest risk for acquiring or transmitting HIV to determine participation in the program. The screening will include a brief psychosocial risk assessment and a short questionnaire to assess eligibility and appropriateness for the program.
- Utilize the Comprehensive Risk Counseling and Services (CRCS) model with young men who have sex with men and transgender individuals who are HIV+ or at high risk for contracting HIV, maintaining a caseload of 10 active clients for approximately 6-10 sessions. See 40 clients annually.
- Within the CRCS intervention: a) screen clients through an in depth risk assessment; b) meet weekly with clients to monitor their needs and progress in meeting risk-reduction objectives; c) write a client centered prevention plan with each client, which specifically identifies behavioral objectives to reduce the risk of acquiring or transmitting HIV that are time-phased, specific and achievable; d) make comprehensive referrals to HIV testing, HIV treatment/case management, STI screening, PreP, and other services as identified; e) track and follow up on all referrals; f) keep accurate progress notes for each session; g) reassess client’s needs as intervention progresses. Goal achievement will be reached within this time period or referrals to more intensive, longer term services will be made.
- Provide Linkage & Navigation services for all participants who are in need of assistance with referrals such as HIV CTR, STI CTR, PrEP/Pep, other health care services, etc.
- Facilitate a 10 session, prevention-based educational group for at least 8 young (17-29 years old) MSM clients per cycle (Three 10-week cycles per year).
- Supervise the Program Assistant, whose main responsibilities include facilitation of the Mpowerment intervention, co-facilitation of the prevention-based educational 10 week group, and overall program outreach.
- Oversee the implementation of the MPowerment intervention for young MSMs ages 17-29, which includes: program materials creation, outreach/recruitment, evaluation, quality assurance, and overseeing all program activities.
- Supervise on-site full-time HIV tester, who has a focus on testing 17-29 year old MSMs.
- Strengthen and maintain relationships with partners which we have linkage agreements and other community resources.
- Provide crisis intervention and mediation for youth and other Center participants as conflict arises.
- Assist with other Center programming as requested.
- Maintain complete and accurate records and files. Assist with the monthly and annual reporting as required by funder and agency. Prepare and submit all paperwork on a weekly basis.
- Attend trainings and conduct online research to remain up-to-date on relevant issues.
- Participate in weekly supervision, program, management and agency-wide meetings, and quality assurance and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in social work, public health, or a related field with a licensure preferred but not required. Bachelor’s Degree and at least three or more years of experience required.
- Experience managing evidence based interventions, contract deliverables and staff required.
- Social work, case management or related experience working with youth, MSM, transgender individuals, clients with a history of substance use and/or mental health issues, persons living with/ affected by HIV/AIDS and/or diverse groups of youth/young adults.
- Candidate must demonstrate ability to work effectively and positively with clients from diverse backgrounds; ethnic, cultural and sexual minorities with a sex positive and harm reduction approach.
- Attention to detail, self-motivation, and ability to work independently and as part of a team required.
- Strong written, proofreading and verbal communication skills.
- Computer fluency and excellent skills in using Microsoft Office, Microsoft 365 and various social media platforms is required.
- Applicants should be passionate, open-minded, patient, creative and have a commitment to and enthusiasm for educating young people about sexual health and creating positive change.
- Bi-lingual [Spanish/English] strongly considered and preferred.
Job Location/Hours: Pride Center of Staten Island – 25 Victory Blvd, 3rd Floor, Staten Island NY 10301 and at various locations as required throughout Staten Island. A flexible schedule is required, and the position’s hours are generally: Tuesday-Friday, 1-9p; Saturday, 11a-7p
Compensation: This is a full-time exempt position with benefits as outlined in the Personnel Policy and Procedures manual. The salary is based on the Center’s pay schedule for a management position.
EOE Employer: Pride Center of Staten Island believes in equal opportunity in employment. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, HIV serostatus, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability.
Application Deadline: To apply, forward your resume with cover letter outlining your skills and experience in relation to this position by Monday, November 14, 2016 (no phone calls please):
Elysa Fein-Cunningham, Program Director
Pride Center of Staten Island
25 Victory Blvd., 3rd Floor
Staten Island, New York 10301
Or email to: Efein@pridecentersi.org (please include job title in subject line)