Last Updated on
Job Title: Hepatitis B Project Coordinator
Reports to: Hepatitis B Program Director
The Charles B. Wang Community Health Center (CBWCHC) is a federally qualified health center that provides comprehensive primary care, social services and health education to underserved patients (with a focus on Asian Americans) in New York City. CBWCHC’s Hepatitis B Program works to address and reduce the community’s hepatitis B burden through clinical care, outreach, advocacy, and research. In 2015, the Hepatitis B Program was awarded the Joan H. Tisch Community Health Prize by Hunter College Roosevelt Institute for Public Policy recognizing our comprehensive and culturally accessible hepatitis B services.
We are looking to hire a full-time Project Coordinator. This position will be based in Flushing, Queens but travel between sites in Manhattan and Queens required.
Coordinate and execute grant program services. Responsibilities may entail but not limited to the following:
- Provide counseling to patients on hepatitis B and encourage patients to get screened and follow-up for hepatitis B care via phone and/or in-person
- Assist with follow-up care and with clinical staff to deliver care
- Review patient records using electronic medical records
- Coordinate and lead capacity building-related activities and technical assistance
- Develop and prepare trainings materials
- Manage program database, tracking, and enter data
- Attend team meetings and provide support for their activities
- Serve as a liaison between partner community organization and other stakeholders to ensure implementation of grant deliverables
- Prepare related reports and program statistics
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or related-field or equivalent professional experience
- Fluency in Chinese (preferably Mandarin) and English
- Prior experience in a clinical setting and/or working with patients
- Comfortable speaking to and/or training small groups
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication
- Prior experience with data entry and tracking
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Diligent work ethic. Motivated, self-directed individual, a team player
- Strong organizational skills and able to multi-task
Interested candidates can apply online at https://cbwchc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=551&site=5&source=HepB
If you have any questions or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
The Health Center is an equal opportunity employer.