The HCV Program Intern is responsible for leading the weekly education and support groups, facilitating an experience where clients have the opportunity to express their feelings and concerns regarding current or upcoming treatment in a safe and open forum. Additionally, the program intern may be asked to research new ways to improve the program, present findings to senior staff, assist in grant writing, and other administrative tasks required at Harlem United.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The following duties are mandatory requirements of the job:
- Develops and implements group education sessions, designs educational materials (PowerPoint, worksheet, etc.) and oversees facilitation of peer support group activities.
- Prepare reports and other program documentation including documents on research findings, scientific methodologies, evaluation results, fact sheets,
- Assist the program coordinator in all aspects of the program
The following duties are to be performed as assigned by the supervisor:
- Take comprehensive notes at provider and manager meetings
- Maintains data (data entry and QA), ensuring accuracy of data based on medical records (eClinicalWorks) that identifies co-infected and/ or mono-infected clients living with HIV and HCV
- Assist in the hiring of peers for the HCV program