- Conduct outreach and client enrollment
- Complete the patient navigation assessment, and assist clients in navigation through complete HCV diagnostic testing
- Develop, implement, and update the Patient Navigation Care Plan
- Provide medical interpretation
- Refer and assist clients in accessing supportive services and health insurance
- Provide client accompaniment
- Conduct appointment reminders
- Conduct health promotion services
- Facilitate case conferences with the provider team
- Provide treatment readiness and adherence support services
- Conduct medication coverage assistance
- Conduct discharge/transition planning services
- Fulfil the program’s operational and administrative duties, and maintain accurate and up-to-date client/peer chart recording.
- Provide individual health education and risk reduction counseling to program clients/peers.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Supervisory staff.
- Possession of an Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Knowledge of Hepatitis C, HIV/AIDS, addictions, etc.
- One year paid/volunteer experience in related field
- Willing to work long days, evenings and weekends
- Sensitive to ethnically, culturally, and sexually diverse communities
- Bi-lingual, English/Spanish speaking preferred
- Reports to the Coordinator of the Syringe Exchange Program
Location: Jamaica Satellite Office
Classification & Salary
Non-Exempt, Part Time Employee
$20 per hour – 28 hours per week
*This is a temporary, 1 year position. Continued employment after the first year is subject to the renewal of this HVC grant.
Please forward resume to Ericka Vasquez, Syringe Exchange Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.