Project Description: Project INSPIRE at Mount Sinai aims to improve the treatment of hepatitis C (HCV) infection in NYC. It is estimated that 146,500 NYC adults (2.4% of the NYC population) have chronic HCV infection, which causes cirrhosis, end-stage liver disease, liver cancer, and death in 20% of infected persons. The project will utilize care coordination to assist medical providers in improving overall outcomes related to treatment while reducing psychosocial and behavioral barriers to care.
The Data Manager will ensure the availability of high quality data for program planning, quality assurance, and evaluation. This individual will be responsible for the maintenance of program data, preparation of reports, basic analysis of data, as well as the modification of data collection tools to fit the system of data collection and tracking.
- Ability to clean and analyze preliminary data and compile reports
- Review monthly data reports from the funder
- Maintain Project INSPIRE tracking databases and monitors outcomes
- Work with the Project Manager to pull continuous quality improvement data
- Coordinate with the Project Manager to submit monthly data reports to the funder
- Report to Project Director
- Attend Project INSPIRE meetings
- Work at multiple clinics in various locations in NYC throughout the week
- Must possess knowledge of community resources and health care processes, structure, and function
- Work closely with community to develop and maintain HCV-related networks (e.g. syringe exchange program and CBOs)
- Other duties as needed
Experience in grant management including budgets, Grants Office, and IRB submissions
- Experience maintaining accurate and current data for analyzing
- Strong communication, writing and problem solving skills
- Experience with data management and report writing
- Demonstrated commitment to working with patients with chronic hepatitis C and/or other underserved and marginalized patient populations
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Ability to work full time
- Bachelor’s Degree with two years of relevant experience in public health, social sciences, health information management, or a Master’s Degree in public health or closely related field with a minimum of 10 hours of coursework in data analysis, epidemiology, statistics, data management or a closely related subject.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (specifically, Excel and Access) as well as statistical analysis software (SAS, STATA, or SPSS)
- Proficient and knowledgeable in research methodology
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to:
Brooke E. Wyatt, MPH
Project INSPIRE & STOMP-C
Division of Liver Diseases
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
1255 Fifth Avenue, Suite C1
New York, NY 10029-6574
O: 212-824-9727 | F: 212-824-9740