The Helpline Specialist is a key member of the Programs Department and provides support and education to people with liver disease, their family members, friends, and caregivers, the general public and health care and social service professionals via the National Helpline (1-800-GO-LIVER). The Helpline Specialist responds to all requests for information and provides support, education and local resource information relating to liver disease.
This position reports to the Manager of Support Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Staff Help Line between 11 am and 7 pm, weekly
- Respond to all Helpline calls, emails and mail requests
- Coordinate patient contact and follow-up in conjunction with PAN Foundation collaboration
- Collect and analyze Helpline data
- Participate in planning, researching and implementing new support service initiatives
- Represent the American Liver Foundation at local and national meetings, as assigned
- Attend relevant trainings to strengthen and expand support services
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in health education, preferably in a clinical setting
- Must have extensive knowledge of liver disease, particularly viral hepatitis – the HelpLine Specialist will be working with clients who are going through different aspects of their liver disease journey (i.e. newly diagnosed, chronic, transplant, end-stage, etc.)
- Experience with managing crisis situations preferred
- Must demonstrate excellent customer [patient] service skills
- A Bachelor’s in health and human service discipline such as public health, nursing, social work and human services, or equivalent in education, training and experience
- Bilingual desirable (Spanish)
- Excellent assessment, communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated initiative and good judgment
- Ability and willingness to learn complex medical information
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
The American Liver Foundation’s (ALF) mission is to facilitate, advocate, and promote education, support and research for the prevention, treatment and cure of liver disease. We accomplish these through education, research, support and advocacy.
Send Responses to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline April 24, 2017