Oversight of BOOM!Health Health Coordination Department currently comprising of Health Home Care Coordination, CSP Case Management, Hep. C programs (DOH & Robin Hood) Housing Case Management Program (MRT) Amida Care Case Management and AIDS United Linkage to care program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Possess skills and expertise necessary to oversee BOOM!Health HIV and other chronic disease care management services.
Develop and implement comprehensive care management systems that facilitates care coordination , health navigation and health promotion based on the chronic illnesses and existing and emerging needs of HIV seropositive individuals and their collaterals
- Applies analytical, educational, social theory-based interventions and experience to perform required tasks.
- Stay abreast of developments in HIV/AIDS case management service delivery.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of programs’ contractual requirements and ensures full compliance, including with external audits.
- Other duties may be assigned
Possess skills and expertise necessary to oversee BOOM!Health chronic disease care management services.
- Develop and implement comprehensive care management systems that facilitate care coordination and health promotion based on the existing and emerging needs of chronic disease individuals and those who are in Health and Recovery Plans requiring Home and Community Based Services, as well as those who are assigned through DSRIP partners.
Identify potential funding sources for maintaining and diversifying case management services.
Responsible for overall care management activities for achievement of health outcomes and maximizing options for program viability.
- Effectively provides general supervision and direction to all care management programs consistent with all contractual standards.
- Ensures that there is comprehensive transition and follow-up from clinical care to other settings.
- Ensures that individual and family support services occur and that authorized representatives are included.
- Ensures that referrals to community and social support services occur as necessary.
- Ensures health information technology is appropriately accessed in accordance with all data exchange applications and agreements, and HIT is incorporated into care management in order to maximize awareness of client service utilization, service needs, and for linkage to necessary care and services.
- environmental needs of client; the development of participant plans of care with clinical care providers; and negotiation of community health services required under the plans of care.
Conduct Staff development, including in-service training and performance evaluations.
Ensures the timely completion of program monthly reports to funding agencies and initiates the preparation of any required program and/or budget modifications.
- Submits monthly programmatic reports and other documents at least one week prior to submission deadline to funders, and annual reports should be submitted at least two weeks in advance of required deadline.
Monitors programs for compliance with granting institution’s requirements and standards.
- Supervises the Asst. Director(s) and the Quality Assurance Consultant in conducting all quality assurance activities as specified in the care management program plans and document findings.
- Oversees statistical reporting, ensuring that monthly reviews of service delivery data reports and other care management data occur; and that these QA of data is documented.
Prepares funding applications and re-application requests as necessary.
- Prepares funding applications and re-application requests in a timely and complete manner, in conjunction with VP of Health Coordination.
- Manages program budget.
- Assesses the fiscal needs of all Health Coordination programs and, in collaboration with the VP of Health Coordination and Sr. VP CFO, prepares budget projections and yearly funding requests for review and approval by the ED and the COO.
- Meets with Sr. VP of Programs and Partnerships, Sr. VP CFO and VP Of Health Coordination on monthly basis to review Health Coordination budget and spending.
Serves as part of Agency’s Senior Management Team.
Maintain agency ties with community-based service providers regarding HIV/AIDS substance abuse treatment, mental health, benefits, family and other social support services.
Serve as liaison between AIDS Institute and agency. Represent BAS at TAG meetings and other community or professional meetings.
Comply with agency policy and procedures.
Development and implementation of all BOOM!Health Health Coordination policies and procedures for all programs under supervision.
Advocate on behalf of clients with other community-based service providers.
- MA in appropriate field with a minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in social service or health setting. BA degree and equivalent, relevant experience.
- Knowledge of HIV care management, substance use, resources, HIV/AIDS related information and issues. Ability to work independently and perform multi-tasks. Bilingual Spanish preferred, with understanding/experience with culturally diverse needs of various ethnic and socioeconomic groups. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer