COMMUNITY HEALTH ACTION OF STATEN ISLAND
Associate Vice President, Outreach, Engagement and Access
POSITION STATUS: Full time FLSA Status: Exempt
See job description pdf here.
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary role of the Associate Vice President of Outreach, Engagement and Access is to facilitate the daily processes of the department, manage and support personnel, coordinate service tracking activities, ensure that contract reporting and service requirements are being met, oversee departmental spending and provide core support to the Senior Vice President of Programs. The Associate Vice President works proactively across programs within the Outreach, Engagement and Access department and in collaboration with other CHASI programs in order to facilitate planning, growth and sustainability, prioritizes activities, and appropriately represents the department within and outside the agency. The Associate Vice President of Outreach, Engagement and Access is responsible for the implementation of community mobilization activities that broaden CHASI’s involvement with neighborhood groups and engages these groups to be part of CHASI’s continuum of care. The Associate Vice President is a key member of the CHASI management team and oversees the portfolio of services including but not limited to services provided on the Mobile Health Units, at the Food Pantry and in the storefronts. This encompasses but is not limited to food and nutrition programming, HIV/HCV counseling and testing, low-threshold medical prevention interventions, information & referral, outreach and public benefits screening and applications.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage directors and coordinators and oversee their management of line staff, including recruitment, orientation, training, evaluation and discipline.
- Provide guidance, support and feedback to staff.
- Establish objective performance measures in concert with those set within CHASI to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all employees in the department.
- Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling focused oversight of individual and organizational performance standards.
Planning, Fiscal, Compliance
- Develop tools and processes to make sure that programs meet their established deliverables and outcome goals; identify areas of risk and weakness; create action plans to address areas of concern.
- Assist with planning and growth processes to ensure program sustainability.
- Oversee department spending in a fiscally responsible manner, keeping spending within the confines of the programmatic and departmental budgets. Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization and are compliant with relevant regulatory agencies.
- In collaboration with senior staff, work to develop quality assurance, continuous quality improvement and outcome evaluation processes and implement these within the department.
- Engage community members and groups in in-reach and outreach activities geared toward:
- improving communities’ and community members’ awareness of health and other concerns and
- engaging community members in utilization of CHASI’s services.
- Represent CHASI at meetings with partner agencies, elected officials, funders and others with clarity of agency mission, departmental programming and social agenda in a professional and respectable manner.
- Liaise with coalitions, partner agencies and funders to acquire relevant programmatic information as well as to promote and represent CHASI
- Write monthly and as-needed reports for submission to funders.
- Oversee the preparations for site visits from funders and regulatory agencies.
Collaborate with Team
- Work collaboratively with the senior management team to integrate cross departmental activities and functions.
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas.
- Minimum of BA required and 3 years experience in team management role; or a 7 years in a team management role.
- Proven ability to problem solve and follow up appropriately on process and procedural issues
- A team player with an ability to work in diverse teams with shared responsibility and accountability; ability to contribute to a positive, productive, open, and supportive environment that motivates everyone to perform at their best
- Detailed knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in the use of office computer applications, including at minimum Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; ability to manage communications tactfully and professionally with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience and proven ability to think strategically, plan effectively, and manage productively to achieve multiple high-priority goals.
Email CHASI’s Human Resources Dept. at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Last Updated on September 20, 2018 by HepFree NYC