Hep Free NYC Webinar E-Meeting Highlights | 03-18-2020
A Joint Hep B Coalition & Hep C Task Force Meeting
May is Hepatitis Awareness Month!
Get involved, Contact Bethsy Morales, email@example.com.
Hep Free NYC 2019 Accomplishments
Check Hep B Patient Navigation Program Partner
Paul Lee, Project Coordinator/Grant Specialist, Korean Community Services – firstname.lastname@example.org
- View presentation here.
Coalition against Hepatitis in People of African Origin (CHIPO)–NYC Committee
Farma Pene, Health Care Access Specialist, NYC Health Department – email@example.com
- View presentation here.
Hep Free NYC Communications Committee
Joy Cambe, Program Coordinator, Empire Liver Foundation (ELF) – firstname.lastname@example.org, @LiverEmpire
Farah Riazi, Outreach Coordinator, Mount Sinai REACH Program – email@example.com, @Reach4Cure
- View presentation here.
- Hep Awareness Month Brainstorm Responses here.
- Follow @HepFreeNYC on Twitter – Linkedin – Facebook – Instagram
New Research Committee: Focusing on Hep B or C Research specifically to foster communication and collaboration among researchers in support of elimination efforts.
New South Asian Initiative: Building awareness of Hep B and C in South Asian communities in NYC.
Get Involved – email Sarah Ahmed, firstname.lastname@example.org
Annette Gaudino, State & Local Policy Director, Treatment Action Group – email@example.com
City Council Viral Hepatitis Initiative FY21 Budget Proposal
- The Viral Hepatitis Initiative funds community organizations to provide hepatitis focused patient navigation, provider training and patient education.
- The community organization Viral Hepatitis Initiative Unified Budget Ask was shared with City Council Health & Finance Committee staff.
- Public hearings are suspended until further notice; budget discussions will resume in April/May.
- Community providers, patients and members of impacted communities can submit written testimony on the importance of the City Council Viral Hepatitis Initiative funding to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article 6 State Match
- Article 6 State Match refers to funds NYS allocates to counties including NYC to match and offset a portion of local public health spending. Last year the NYS match was reduced from 36% to 20%, which would have significantly reduced the amount of funding to community organizations in the Viral Hepatitis Initiative. Last year, the Mayor’s Budget and City Council compensated for funding shortfall, however it’s unknown if the shortfall will be covered this year.
- Action Alert: Call Gov Cuomo, Senate Majority Leader Stewart-Cousins and Speaker Heastie to demand no cuts to Medicaid, restoration of Article 6 matching funds to NYC, and continued funding for HCV elimination, currently $5M; contact numbers and social media kit have been shared on the Hep Free NYC Listserv.
NYS Hep C Elimination Plan
- After the release of the new USPSTF Hep C Screening Recommendations: NYS is amending the State HCV testing law to include universal screening of pregnant women during each pregnancy and screening for everyone >18 years of age.
- NYS Elimination Task Force Data & Metrics Advisory Committee is having a call on April 9th to advance work on metrics, an elimination dashboard and a plan for tracking the implementation.
- NYS Hep C Elimination Plan Website
Viral Hepatitis and COVID-19
Ann Winters, MD, Viral Hepatitis Program Medical Director, NYC Health Department – email@example.com
- NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene COVID-19 Updates
- Hep Free NYC COVID-19 Coronavirus Resources
- Organizations are encouraged to develop strategies and plans to ensure their participants have access to basic necessities, medical care and harm reduction resources.
- Adeeba Khan NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adizatou Maiga African Services Committee email@example.com
- Adrian Morel Northwell Health – Health System firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alecia Charles Hepatitis C Program Coordinator SUNY Downstate Medical Center email@example.com
- Alexis Brenes Health Care Access Specialist NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alexis Fields Program Manage Brookdale University Hospital Medical Center email@example.com
- Anabelle Soto Associate Director of Prevention The Alliance for Positive Change firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrew Bonfrancesco Supervisor Positive Health Project email@example.com
- Annette Gaudino HCV Project Co-Director Treatment Action Group firstname.lastname@example.org
- Asia Ataide Outreach Worker – CART Northwell Northwell Health – Health System email@example.com
- Bethsy Morales-Reid Director of Community Health Engagement Hispanic Federation firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carol Lemus Director of Health and Wellness Lantern Community Services, Inc. email@example.com
- Caroline Davidson Research Associate Shatterproof firstname.lastname@example.org
- Catherine Rivera AbbVie email@example.com
- Chris Cruz AbbVie firstname.lastname@example.org
- Colleen Stapleton Viral Hepatitis Community Partner email@example.com
- Dailee Louis Viral Hepatitis Community Partner firstname.lastname@example.org
- Danait Yemane Hepatitis B Project Coordinator African Services Committee email@example.com
- Daniela Sanclemente Patient Navigator (VHP) NYC Health + Hospitals – Elmhurst Hospital Center firstname.lastname@example.org
- Danielle Cornwall Pharmacy Specialist/Hep C Coordinator Amida Care email@example.com
- David Ford Business Development Representative Hospice of New York firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diana Diaz Munoz Hep C Program Manager NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene email@example.com
- Donna Gilmore Physician Specialist NYC Health + Hospitals – Kings County Hospital Center firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emeka Iloeghu Consultant Trainer The Hepatitis C Mentor and Support Group, Inc. email@example.com
- Farma Pene Health Care Access Specialist NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fatima Omarufilo Patient Navigator MONTEFIORE MEDICAL CENTER email@example.com
- Frank Winter External Affairs Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gail Brown Policy Director COPE email@example.com
- Geraldine Joseph Hepatitis Coordinator Mount Sinai & Ryan Network firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gerardo Marcano Health Educator GREENWICH HOUSE email@example.com
- Gil Cerpa Patient Navigator Praxis Housing Initiatives firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graham Murray President Lookit Design email@example.com
- Halimatou Konte Program Manager African Services Committee firstname.lastname@example.org
- Henry Chang World Hepatitis Alliance email@example.com
- Irfan Azam Viral Hepatitis Community Partner firstname.lastname@example.org
- James Park Assistant Professor, Dept of Medicine; Hepatologist NEW YORK UNIVERSITY email@example.com
- James Spellman Senior Medical Scientist Gilead Science firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janet Escalante Director Paramount Specialty Pharmacy email@example.com
- Janice Lyu Hep B Associate Charles B Wang Community Health Center firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janneth Garcia Viral Hepatitis Community Partner email@example.com
- Jessica Clark Community Outreach Liaison Northwell Health – Health System firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jiehui (Joy) Zhu Patient Navigator Charles B Wang Community Health Center email@example.com
- Joanna Li Administrative Assistant Chinese American Medical Society firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Youhanna Regional Medical Director Dynavax Technologies email@example.com
- Joy Cambe Program Coordinator Empire Liver Foundation firstname.lastname@example.org
- Juan Lugo NEW YORK CITY HEALTH & HOSPITALS CORP email@example.com
- Karen Haslam Northwell Health – Health System firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karina Escamilla Health Affairs Coordinator Consulate General of Mexico/Ventanilla de Salud email@example.com
- Kyle Hwang Patient Navigator (VHP) APICHA Community Health Center firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leandra Ureña Hepatitis Program Assistant NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene email@example.com
- Lilas Kodjo CUNY Communications Intern NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lisa Convery de López VP Contract Management Community Health Action of Staten Island (CHASI) email@example.com
- Liz Tang Health Care Access Specialist NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luis Mares Hep/HIV coordinator Latino Commission on AIDS email@example.com
- Marc Schlosser The Institute for Family Health firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maria Mercedes Guzman Montefiore Hep C Treatment at NYHRE New York Harm Reduction Educators email@example.com
- Marie Bresnahan Director, Training, Policy and Administration, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Chiang Patient Navigator Charles B Wang Community Health Center email@example.com
- Medesa Garrett HCV Program Coordinator Brightpoint Health firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa Ip Viral Hepatitis Community Partner email@example.com
- Mona Liza Velazquez Peer Navigator Lower East Side Harm Reduction Center firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nadine Kela-Murphy Practice Transformation specialist NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene email@example.com
- Nancy Agront Medical Science Liasion AbbVie firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicolette Fitzgibbon Patient Navigator Montefiore Health System email@example.com
- Nirah Johnson Capacity Building Coordinator (VHP) NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene firstname.lastname@example.org
- Norman Archer HOUSING WORKS INC email@example.com
- Nyashadzashe Makoni HONE coordinator Mount Sinai Health System firstname.lastname@example.org
- Okhyun Ko Patient Navigator Korean Community Services email@example.com
- Oluwatoyin Erinle Program Manager BronxCare Health System firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paul Lee Project Coordinator Korean Community Services email@example.com
- Paul Bolter Viral Hepatitis Community Partner firstname.lastname@example.org
- Perla Romero Patient Navigator (VHP) Lower East Side Harm Reduction Center email@example.com
- Rahel Yosief Patient Navigator (VHP) BOOM!Health firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rasheed Young NYC Health + Hospitals – Harlem Hospital Center email@example.com
- Rebekah Parsons Viral Hepatitis Community Partner firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robert Desrouleaux Trainer The Hepatitis C Mentor and Support Group, Inc. email@example.com
- Ruth Montas Trainer The Hepatitis C Mentor and Support Group, Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Samantha Brandspiegel Health Educator Mount Sinai Health System email@example.com
- Sandee Myles (VHP) COPE firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sara Kim Program Coordinator Korean Community Services email@example.com
- Sarah Ahmed Communications and Community Engagement Coordinator NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shanaz Hosein Program Manager, HITE Greater New York Hospital Association email@example.com
- Sheila Reynoso Director HCV Treatment Network (VHP) MONTEFIORE MEDICAL CENTER firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stephanie Serafino NYC Health + Hospitals – Bellevue Hospital Center email@example.com
- Steve Hemraj Wellness Program Director Bedford-Stuyvesant Family Health Center firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tatiana Vera Patient Navigator MONTEFIORE MEDICAL CENTER email@example.com
- Tom Muneyyirci Sr. Account Executive AbbVie firstname.lastname@example.org
- Umaima Khatun NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene email@example.com
- Veronica Perez Executive Director American Liver Foundation firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victoria Foster Manager NYU School of Medicine – Division of Epidemiology Department of Population Health email@example.com
- Virginia Lee Center for Comprehensive Health Practice firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yanting (Kelly) Huang Data Manager NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene email@example.com