Hep B Coalition Meeting Highlights | 4-25-18
April 25 (3 PM – 5 PM) American Cancer Society, Manhattan
www.hepfree.nyc #HepFreeNYC #EndHepatitis
In Attendance: See Below
Hep B Health Code Amendment
Labs will be mandated to report negative hepatitis B DNA test results to the Health Department.
Dr. Ann Winters, Medical Director of Viral Hepatitis Program, NYC Health Department –firstname.lastname@example.org
- Increased reporting will provide a more clear picture than what exists now about what is happening with hepatitis B in NYC, and may enable the Health Department to develop a surveillance based care continuum.
- View full presentation here.
Empire Liver Foundation Hep B Clinical Webinar Training Series
Dr. Harmit Kalia, Transplant Hepatologist and Assistant Professor, Montefiore – HKALIA@montefiore.org
- A four week clinical hepatitis B webinar training series is planned for Thursdays from 4:30 -5:30 PM in June. Pre-register
May Hepatitis Awareness Month Planning
Hepatitis B Awareness Event with Congresswoman Grace Meng. May 2 (11 – 2 PM). Flushing Library.
Dr. Amy Shen Tang, and Janice Lyu, Charles B Wang Community Health Center. –
- All are encouraged to attend and invite others! RSVP.
- Organizations can bring their resources/materials for community members.
- Circulate the Awareness Event Flyer in English, Korean, and Chinese.
Annual Hep Free NYC Awareness Event on the Steps of City Hall. May 15 (11 – Noon).
Bethsy Morales, Hispanic Federation – email@example.com
- Organizations are encouraged to attend and bring their banners! Register Here
- Hep Free NYC T-shirts will be provided.
- Circulate the Awareness Event Flyer in English, Spanish, Chinese and Korean.
NYC Viral Hepatitis Research Symposium. May 24 (8 – 4) at Rockefeller University, 1230 York Ave, NY.
- NYC Council Viral Hepatitis Initiative – budget season is underway.
- If you’re interested in a Hep B Coalition Advocacy Chair position or being part of an Advocacy Committee, email Sarah Ahmed.
Hep Free NYC Committee Updates
- Committee is active and excited to take on any relevant projects.
- Contact: Caroline Davidson MPH, Hep Free NYC LGBTQ Committee Chair – firstname.lastname@example.org
Coalition against Hepatitis in People of African Origin (CHIPO) NYC
- Next meeting: May 25 (3 – 5 pm) at African Services Committee 429 W. 127th Street. RSVP: Farma Pene, NYC Health Dept – email@example.com
- Abou Diakhate, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ala Roh, Project Coordinator, KCS, email@example.com
- Amy Tang Hep B Medical Director, Charles B Wang Community Health Center,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ann Winters, Medical Director, Viral Hepatitis, DOHMH, email@example.com
- Bora Kim, FGP Assistant, NYU Langone – Asian Liver Health, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canossa Chan, Hospital Manager/Health Systems Manager, American Cancer Society email@example.com
- Caroline Davidson, Research Associate, Shatterproof, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charles Gonzalez, Assoc. Medical Director, NYS DOH AIDS Institute,email@example.com
- Chelsea Grant, Clinical Research Coordinator, Hepatitis Outreach Network- Mount Sinai, Chelsea.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donovan Jones, Director of New York Knows, DOHMH – New York Knows,email@example.com
- Farma Pene, Health Care Access Specialist, DOHMH, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frank Winters, External Affairs Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services,email@example.com
- Gil A Cerpa, Hep C Coordinator, Praxis Housing Initiatives Inc.,gacerpa@PRAXISHOUSING.org
- Halimatou Konte, Hepatitis Coordinator, African Services Committee,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harmit Kalia, D.O., Montefiore, HKALIA@montefiore.org
- James Park MD, Transplant Hepatology NYU Asian Liver Health Program, James.Park@nyumc.org
- Jamie Love, Manager, Chinese American Medical Society, jlove@CAMSociety.org
- Janice Lyu, Hep B Program Associate, Charles B Wang Community Health Center, email@example.com
- Joanna Li, Administrative Assistant, Chinese American Medical Society,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joy Cambe, Program Coordinator, Empire Liver Foundation,email@example.com
- Karina Escamilla, Health Affairs Coordinator, Consulate General of Mexico in NY,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liz Tang, Health Care Access Specialist, DOHMH, email@example.com
- Mary Chiang, Hep B Patient Navigator, Charles B Wang Community Health Center,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nirah Johnson, Director Capacity Building, DOHMH, email@example.com
- Okhyun Ko, Project Coordinator, Korean Community Service, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paul Bolter, Community Outreach and Education Manager, Liver Foundation,PBolter@liverfoundation.org
- Paula Wong, Educational Outreach Director, H+EAL, email@example.com
- Qian Yi (Rachel) Yang, Medical Secretary, NYU Langone – Asian Liver Health,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Qingqing He, Hep B Care Management Specialist, Charles B Wang Community Health Center, email@example.com
- Sarah Ahmed, Communications and Community Engagement Coordinator, DOHMH,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shifra Baum, Physician Assistant, Elmhurst Hospital, email@example.com
- Umaima Khatun, Program Coordinator, DOHMH, firstname.lastname@example.org