Last Updated on
Best Practices in Hep B Education Outreach (Deadline 1/29/16)
FY 2016 Best Practices Awards Request for Applications
The National Task Force on Hepatitis B Focus on Asian and Pacific Islander Americans is offering seven $3,000 awards to recognize hepatitis B education outreach projects by member organizations. The projects should document culturally and linguistically competent approaches to providing hepatitis B education outreach to Asian American and Pacific Islander communities in the applicant’s service area. Successful applicants will be required to attend the full day face-to-face meeting on Sunday, March 6, 2016 in Washington, DC to share their best practices and activities.
The submission deadline will be Friday, January 29, 2016 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time. The awards will be announced by February 12, 2016.
Applicants must meet all of the following conditions:
- Be an active member of the National Task Force on Hepatitis B Focus on Asian and Pacific Islander Americans, i.e. active
members have participated in at least two teleconference call within the last 12 months.
- Nominated or self-nominated by a Regional Director on the Task Force
- Demonstrate the capacity (human and financial resources) to have effectively carryout the requirements of this award
- Demonstrate experience serving the Hep B Task Force’s target population
- Be able to complete a W-9 form, demonstrating eligibility to receive funding from the Task Force
- Applicants will be required to create a presentation demonstrating their organization’s successful ability to provide targeted culturally and linguistically competent approaches to providing hepatitis B education outreach to a focused community, e.g. an ethnic community, LGBTQ, and/or religious community among the Asian American and Pacific Islander communities;
- PLEASE PICK ONLY ONE COMMUNITY TO HIGHLIGHT!
- PowerPoint presentations must include images of activities being highlighted. Please limit presentation to no more 20 slides. A 3-minute video clip can be presented in place of a PowerPoint presentation.
- Applicants’ project must have included a physician in their area that they worked with to conduct hepatitis B education outreach and/or screening and linkage to care.
- Applicants must be able to attend or send a representative from their organization to attend the face-to-face meeting on Sunday, March 6, 2016 in Washington, DC to share their best practices.