World Hepatitis Day
An event every year that begins at 12:00 am on day 28 of July, repeating indefinitely
#ShowYourFace to eliminate hepatitis
World Hepatitis Day (WHD) takes places every year on July 28 and brings the world together under a single theme to raise awareness of the global burden of viral hepatitis and to influence real change. One of just four disease-specific global awareness days officially endorsed by the World Health Organization, WHD unites patient organizations, governments, medical professionals, civil society, industry and the general public to boost the global profile of viral hepatitis.
HOW ABOUT YOU?
Want to participate in World Hepatitis 2018? Below are some ideas on how you can participate.
Hold a free hepatitis screening event at your organization.
- Raise awareness about the importance of early diagnosis and access to care.
- If you do not have onsite testing, you can coordinate with a mobile community testing program to provide testing.
- View a sample Flyer for a free hepatitis screening event.
- View NVHR Testing Day Events and Resources Webpage with information and resources for implementing a hepatitis testing event.
Organize a public event with signs, banners, and other tools to raise awareness about hepatitis.
- View the World Hepatitis Day 2018 Toolkit, which contains tips on organizing a successful Hepatitis Awareness event.
Distribute hepatitis resources and information throughout your community.
- Visit our Resource Page for diverse hepatitis education materials.
- NYC Health Department Viral Hepatitis Resources can be ordered and shipped to your organization. To order, email us.
Host a panel discussion or presentation on hepatitis.
- To connect with professionals who can present or participate in a panel discussion, email us.
Use social media to raise awareness about hepatitis.
- When posting about hepatitis on social media, use the hashtags #WorldHepDay, #HepFreeNYC and #Nohep
- Visit the World Hepatitis Day Campaign Materials Webpage to download images and banners for social media.
- Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Get involved in activism by learning about current policy issues.
- To learn about national advocacy work see the NVHR Advocacy Resource Webpage.
- To learn about NYC policy issues see the Hep Free NYC Policy Webpage.
Showcase your event!