- This event has passed.
Webinar | Viral Hepatitis National Strategic Plan (HHS)
January 7 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST
Viral Hepatitis National Strategic Plan:
A Roadmap to Elimination (2021—2025)
Thursday, January 7, from 2 – 3 PM EST
Registration is required. You can register here.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services will release the Viral Hepatitis National Strategic Plan for the United States: A Roadmap to Elimination (2021—2025) Thursday, January 7, 2021.
You can learn about the Viral Hepatitis Plan and where to find more information about it, including resources to disseminate the Plan, by participating in a webinar hosted by HHS. The Plan provides goal-oriented objectives and strategies that can be implemented by a broad mix of stakeholders at all levels and across many sectors, both public and private, to reverse the rates of viral hepatitis, prevent new infections, improve care and treatment and ultimately eliminate viral hepatitis as a public health threat in the United States.
ADM Brett P. Giroir, MD, Assistant Secretary for Health, is invited to lead-off the session. Other presenters include:
- Jessica Deerin, Epidemiologist, HHS/Office of Infectious Disease and HIV/AIDS Policy (OIDP)
- Antigone Dempsey, Director, Division of Policy and Data, HIV/AIDS Bureau, Health Resources & Services Administration
- Carol Jimenez, Deputy Director for Strategic Initiatives, OIDP
- Lorenzo McFarland, Senior Public Health Program Manager, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Judith Steinberg, Chief Medical Officer, OIDP
- Carolyn Wester, Director, Division of Viral Hepatitis, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Who Should Register?
Everyone is welcome! Those who are responsible for or provide, or whose staff or members provide, viral hepatitis prevention, care and treatment services, or serve populations and communities impacted by viral hepatitis may find the webinar particularly helpful for their work.