- This event has passed.
Webinar | NYS Peer Worker Certification Program Application Process
May 12 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm EDT
Webinar: NYS Peer Worker Certification Program Application Process
This two hour webinar will review the updated requirements for the NYS Peer Worker Certification program in HIV, Hepatitis C, and Harm Reduction. The webinar will provide a step-by-step walk through of the process for submitting an application for certification. By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- State at least three benefits of Peer Certification
- State the three tracks and who is eligible to apply for certification
- Recall the purpose of foundational training and self-care evaluation for Peer Workers and guidelines for completing the statement of experience
- Identify the core and specialized training requirements for peer certification
- Recall the requirement for signing and uploading the required Code of Ethics attestation
- Recall the requirement for completing a practicum or work experience and uploading a satisfactory supervisor evaluation
- Recall the requirement for passing a knowledge test and state basic features of the testing process
- Navigate the online application system to begin the process of submitting an application for certification
Audience: Peer workers interested in and/or currently peer certification, supervisors of peer works and interested others.
May 12th , 2020 1:30PM – 3:30 PM, Instructure: Stephen Sebor