- This event has passed.
Webinar | From Stigma to Affirmation
May 5 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm EDT
From Stigma to Affirmation – Webinar
This 2-hour webinar will build skills for providing stigma-free, affirming services to people living with HIV, people who are living with HCV, people who use drugs and people who are lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender and gender non-conforming. This interactive training will define stigma, raise awareness about the impact of stigma and provide concrete skills and resources for providing affirming services.
By the end of this webinar participants will be able to:
1. Define enacted stigma, anticipated stigma, internalized stigma, intersectional stigma, and microaggression;
2. Identify examples of stigmatizing language, behaviors and institutional practices;
3. Reflect on the impact of stigma, both personally and professionally;
4. Identify at least three negative impacts of stigma on access to care, retention in care and health outcomes for the people you serve;
5. Identify the link between stigma, discrimination, and trauma;
6. Describe the principles of trauma-informed care as they relate to providing stigma-free, affirming services;
7. Enter dialogue with colleagues, supervisors, and people you supervise about moving from a judgment based mindset to the approach of providing affirming services.
Audience: All health and human services providers who work with people living with HIV, people who are living with HCV, people who use drugs and people who are lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender and gender non-conforming.
May 5th , 2020 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Instructure: Debi Brown