- This event has passed.
Webinar | Crystal Meth, MSM, Hep & HIV
April 30 @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm EDT
Webinar: Crystal Meth, MSM, and HIV
The goal of this webinar is to increase knowledge of crystal methamphetamine use among MSM, the effects of meth and other “club drugs” on the body, their connection to HIV and hepatitis, and resources for treatment.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify at least 3 reasons why MSM may use drugs
- Identify at least 3 reasons why meth use is prevalent among MSM
- Identify 2 venues in which meth is used
- Define “club drugs” and their effects
- Define stimulants and depressants
- Define homeostasis and rebound
- List at least 3 characteristics of methamphetamines
- State 3 perceived benefits and long-term effects of methamphetamines
- Identify at least two resources relevant and accessible to your work
April 30th, 2020 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM, Instructure: Mark Milano