- This event has passed.
National African American Hepatitis C Action Day
An event every year that begins at 12:00 am on day 25 of July, repeating indefinitely
July 25th is the Annual National African American Hepatitis C Action Day (NAAHCAD).
This day provides an opportunity to promote hepatitis C prevention, testing, and treatment messages to public health partners and the public. NAAHCAD also provides a chance to discuss the importance of linkage to care, cure and integrating prevention opportunities, as many people at risk for acquiring hepatitis are often at risk for acquiring other infectious diseases such as HIV or STDs.
In addition to the outreach activities that touch so many lives each year, NBLCA is partnering with C.O.P.E. (co-founder of NAAHCAD) to host Hepatitis C forums via webinars or Facebook Live to provide information to stakeholders and educated consumers as a lead up to NAAHCAD beginning this month. NBLCA is also partnering with NVHR to organize a call-in to legislators on July 25 to deliver a strong message by emphasizing the importance of the Affordable Care Act to people living with hepatitis C.
Spread the word using the hashtag #NAAHCAD.
Click here to view past activities.
Activities organizations can engage in include:
- Outreach & Testing Events– Testing and providing linkage to care
- HCV Health Literacy– Workshops to educate the community; distribution of literature
- Social Media Campaigns – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, other
- Town Halls/Policy Intervention– Targeting policy-makers and legislators
- For more information email@example.com or nblca.org.